We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Torcal In the News

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,837 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Topic
El Torcal In the News

theolivepress.es/spain-news/…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,624 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Torcal In the News

Next month I am stopping in Antequera by train and staying maybe for 2 nights. Is it possible to visit the El Torcal from Antequera by taxi or is it too far ? I have seen the El Torcal visitor centre is a good place to start but I fear that it is too far from Antequera. juntadeandalucia.es/medioambiente/…

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,837 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Torcal In the News

Cadiz:

I think it is too far without a car. You can go there in a taxi but how will you get back into town?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,624 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Torcal In the News

Maybe I wait until a better time and it could be too hot anyway. The taxi driver would be happy with a later return fare at the visitor centre I am sure.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,624 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Torcal In the News

Managed to find a taxi driver outside the bus station who agreed to take us to El Torcal plus the higher visitor points in the town for e. 35.

I think this is the going rate although it depends how long you keep the taxi for. In our case the driver was relaxed and took us to the visitor centre car park then allowed us plenty of time to walk to the Mirador viewpoint and take the shorter 'green' route walk to see some of the natural stone shapes which takes about 40 minutes.

The drive is great and you are at a very high position with splendid views.on return we saw the castle at the high point in town and left the taxi at a lower place.

A good way to take in the best sights and for superb views.

5. Re: El Torcal In the News

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 14:46
Get answers to your questions about Antequera
More Antequera Topics