We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains around Antequeara

manchester
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
trains around Antequeara

I have been to Antequera before and used the old train station but never Sta Ana. What is the easiest way to get there from the centre....is there a bus or will it have to be a taxi?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: trains around Antequeara

This is the last I have seen on the subject http://turismo.antequera.es/en/como-llegar/

I have never used Santa Ana and I do not know where you are coming from, i.e. are you quite sure you need Santa Ana?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: trains around Antequeara

Sorry - I now see 'from the centre'. Duh.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: trains around Antequeara

Quite a few changes have been made recently on RENFE Spanish rail. You should see if it is better to use the connection now available between the town station (ciudad) and Santa Ana by rail. The journey is 12 minutes and cheap and maybe this is one reason why the previous bus connection service seems to be less frequent nowadays.

You can see the train times using:

www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

The trains are those that run from Granada going to either Seville or Algeciras.

This fact does not show on Antequera's own Tourism web site. Although some bus times are mentioned.

Edited: 29 June 2013, 20:03
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: trains around Antequeara

The Tourism web details are posted under the Tab "How to get there " by the way

http://turismo.antequera.es/en/

Manchester, United...
6 posts
1 review
5. Re: trains around Antequeara

many thanks for this, last time I was there, it was only a taxi option. A train link will be fine, we are staying at the Parador so the old station is just at the bottom of the hill. Thanks again for the help

Abbotskerswell
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: trains around Antequeara

I was in Antequera in April this year. The bus service linking the town to Bobadilla and Santa Ana in a triangular route did not run as the subsidy from the Town had finished. The taxi fare was 30 euros 35 at weekends so now that some train services have been rerouted to serve both stations is excellent news.

7. Re: trains around Antequeara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Antequera
More Antequera Topics