We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glanmire, Cork, Ireland

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
Glanmire, Cork, Ireland
Save

Hi, I just noted the John Barleycorn Hotel as the No1 hotel in Glanmire. This actually burnt down 3 years ago and was subsequently demolished.

Just thought you would like to know.

Peter

3 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
40,508 posts
1. Re: Glanmire, Cork, Ireland
Save

Best stay at the Vienna Woods then.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
14,442 posts
392 reviews
636 helpful votes
2. Re: Glanmire, Cork, Ireland
Save

Thanks Peter,

I didn't realise it was listed at all, and yes you are correct, the Barleycorn is long gone.

Last time I looked the Ibis Hotel near Glounthaune was also listed, and that closed about 3 years ago also and is now a school. I did report that one to TA about 2 years ago.

I just checked and it would seem that Ibis Glanmire has been removed from TA review section. However, it was 5 years ago and not two that I first reported that the hotel had closed !!!

Edited: 8 years ago
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
141 reviews
33 helpful votes
3. Re: Glanmire, Cork, Ireland
Save

Ibis hotel is now a Gaelscoil (Irish language school). There are other attractions as well the Sarsfield Hurling club is spacious and offers all weather training pitches. There is Riverstown soccer club situated in Eastcliff. There is rugby available at Old Christians RFC Rathcooney and Football(gaelic) at the Pike. This excludes lots of other sporting clubs. Good choices of schools including an all-irish secondary college. A vibrant and inclusive community spirit and a nice place to live.

Reply to: Glanmire, Cork, Ireland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glanmire
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.