We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tickets online

Level Contributor
3 posts
Booking tickets online

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to book tickets from Athens to Kalambaka and return, and I can choose seats for Athens-Paleofarsalos and Kalambaka-Athens. But I have an issue when choosing the seats on the second train (from  Paleofarsalos to Kalambaka). Is this fine? Or I may be fined on the train?

This is very confusing because also, the prices are different. It shows approximately 32 Euro for the trip Athens-Paleofarsalos-Kalambaka and 18 Euro Kalambaka-Athens, but at the very end (tickets with no reductions) the amount to be paid is about 38 Euro instead of 50 Euro.

Thank you very-very much!

Maria :)

4 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Booking tickets online

It’s fine, the second train doesn’t have reserved seats :)

The ticket price shown before you proceed with booking is the full price, discounts are applied for various things, such as booking online, return tickets etc.

Level Contributor
3 posts
2. Re: Booking tickets online

Dear Yiassas,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Best,

Maria))

Level Contributor
3 posts
3. Re: Booking tickets online

Oh, and one more question. Is it better to book the tickets online in advance or purchase them in the ticket office right before the trip?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Booking tickets online

If you’re sure when you want to go then get them online,mtgat way you get the discounts, it’s more expensive to buy at the station.

Reply to: Booking tickets online
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted