We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eureka Lodging

Kansas City...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eureka Lodging

anyone ot there who knows anything about The Bodie House and

whether it is a good place to stay for a weekend?

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eureka Lodging

Bodie House has been recommended several times in the forum by Pasta Salad, the main expert on Eureka. Not sure if she will catch your post but her word is usually real good. I have not stayed there. My only very slight hesitation would be its location right on the little main road which winds through the historic area (only 2 lanes and real quaint - not a superhiway by any means!). I stayed once in a historic home which was a few feet from rthe street and the house felt like it was moving each time a group of motorcycles toured through town. But there are many very beautiful places to stay along Spring Street and the other portions of the small winding thoroughfare that it probably bothers very few others. My personal favorite place in Eureka is the Treehouse Cottages but it does not have the beautiful historic character of Bodie House. http://www.treehousecottages.com

Edited: 16 June 2012, 17:02
Kansas City...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eureka Lodging

Thank you! My main concern is that it is well kept and clean. i hate that musty old smell that comes naturally to a very old place, but i love the character! i have heard there are a lot of stairs though that doesn't really bother me. i worry a little about it having a window AC, but probably most older buildings do. So, i guess my friends and i will take a chance on it!

Kansas City...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eureka Lodging

what about 10 White Street? Does anyone know a lot about this property?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eureka Lodging

I have not stayed at Bodie House but I'm familiar with the house and location. If the outside of the house is any indication, it is immaculate! It is located on Upper Spring Street which is beautiful! (my favorite area in town) The back of the cottage has an unbelievable view of a valley and the Christ of the Ozarks. It is a several block walk to the downtown area but it's an easy walk and the area is so gorgeous I have to watch that I don't trip because I'm gawking at the beautiful homes. :)

10 White Street is a pretty new place, it wasn't open when I was there last fall so I can't help with that. It's located on the upper historic loop which is a great location as well.

Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eureka Lodging

10 White street is a wonderful place to stay, my husband and I are soon to go for second stay. It is very very clean, furnished beautifully with gorgeous art work done by local artists. It is comfortable, romantic, quiet. A wonderful private courtyard to relax in or have morning coffee. We enjoyed every day we stayed there. Full kitchen, nice bathroom, huge comfy bed in downstairs bedroom, just an all around great place for a getaway with your sweetheart. You won't regret staying here on your next visit.

6. Re: Eureka Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs
Recent Conversations