We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bearizona from Las Vegas.

Bovey Tracey...
Level Contributor
82 posts
30 reviews
Bearizona from Las Vegas.

We are staying in Las Vegas next month and I want to do a day trip one day off the strip, we will be renting a car.

I think Bearizona is too far to drive in one day so we have decided to leave late afternoon early Evening and drive most of the way to maximise our time.

Where would be the best place for a stopover?

We can then go to Bearizona first thing and drive back afterwards,

Any must see places on the drive there or back?

5 replies to this topic
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Bearizona from Las Vegas.

Its only about 3.5 hours from Vegas to Williams. Easy to do that drive all at once. Kingman is before Williams at only about 1.5 hours out of Vegas.

On the way back, depending on your route you can visit Hoover Dam and the bypass bridge, or run sections of Route 66 from Seligman to Kingman, or Kingman to Oatman, and get back to Vegas via Laughlin.

The Black Hills...
Level Contributor
980 posts
2. Re: Bearizona from Las Vegas.

You're driving all that way and not stopping at the Grand Canyon??

Bovey Tracey...
Level Contributor
82 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Bearizona from Las Vegas.

I didn’t mention the Canyon as we have been several times before but i do love it there so could make a stop on the way back.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,669 posts
249 reviews
4. Re: Bearizona from Las Vegas.

Stay in Williams. If you’re going to add Grand Canyon National Park, you need two nights.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Bearizona from Las Vegas.

There isn't much between Kingman and Williams. I agree - best idea is to stay in Williams for an early start at Bearizona then take your time sightseeing on the way back.

If you want to make any stop at all, Seligman is a good choice for a different view of Route 66. In Williams, it's cutesy, sort of gentrified if you will. In Seligman, it's old-style original. Seligman is just 30 minutes west of Williams.

Reply to: Bearizona from Las Vegas.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted