We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dominical Estate

North Carolina
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dominical Estate

Have any of you stayed in or heard about either of these vacation rentals?

http://www.dominical.biz/paradise/index.htm

http://www.dominical.biz/dominicalestate/

http://www.losportalescostarica.com/

If any of you have and have the time to give me a review, it would be most appreciated. It seems I am going to have at least 12 in my group of family and friends this November.

Canton, NC
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dominical Estate

I am going next week so when i get back i will let you know how it went!!!! :) It looks amazing. I'm staying in the Dominical Estate. we'll see how it goes!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dominical Estate

1littlemama ,,,,,,,, Thank you so much and I will really look forward to hearing from you. As great as it looks, surely it will be wonderful.

Have a most wonderful time and do a trip report so we can all hear about your time in Costa Rica.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dominical Estate

1littlemama...are you back yet??? :) Would love to hear a trip report on Dominical Estate!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dominical Estate

1littlemama.............me too! Just found out that our daughter who is getting married on Nov. 3 and her husband can get the time off to go with us to Dominical!!!!!!! Would not have seemed right without her! So, let us know all about Dominical and the house.

Canton, NC
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dominical Estate

Im so sorry to not have written back sooner. i have been extremely busy! The trip was amazing. Dominical is a very small town, and it was very relaxed and quiet. The beach is wonderful. The house AMAZING! It is huge. plenty of space and the people working in there wonderful. There are plenty of bedrooms, and everything works! not to mention the view. its wonderful. The only downside is the walk down to the beach. it really wasnt that bad, but it gives you a good workout. its a very steep driveway for part of it, and our big bus couldnt make it all the way up because it wasnt all paved. So the first night we had to carry our luggage up. But after that we got a 4-wheeled drive car and that made it up just fine! and we wakled a few times so it was good exercise. its not a long walk, its just kind of steep. but well worth it. The beach was NEVER crowded, and the view amazing. The house is well equipped, and we were very satisfied! i hope you choose the place and have a wonderful time. im sorry it took so long to reply!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dominical Estate

1littlemama.........so happy to hear such a positive review. Right now there will be either 12 or 14 of us on this trip. The description of the drive up to the house does scare me somewhat. We do have a couple of 4 wheel drive vehicles rented for the week and it sounds like we will need them for sure. A large van is taking us from Trogon Lodge to the house. If you don't mind would love to ask a few questions.

Please tell me you saw wildlife! Or, not.

Did the staff prepare any meals for you and if so, did you like them? Also, did you prepare meals for yourselves? We all get up at different times and prepare our own breakfast and coffee. Mostly sandwiches for lunch and then do dinner. Ted told us the staff can prepare for us. I think we will need all the bedrooms.

Were you able to us the computer? Also, were you able to make calls to the states?

Next? Isn't Canton near Sanford, NC? That is where both my husband's parents were from and our son lives there. Such a small world. Hope to hear from you again.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dominical Estate

1littlemama...........Guess you think I am nuts! You are from those wonderful mountains in the Western part of our wonderful state. I live on the coast but love visiting there.

Utah
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dominical Estate

My family stayed at Dominical Estate the end of July thru the 6th of August. We were amazed at the web-site, and thoroughly disgusted after we arrived. The house was FILTHY. The floors hadn't been mopped. The bathrooms hadn't been cleaned.It smelled of urine. The counters were dirty, there were broken windows. The couple that lives on the property were very nice, but did not compromise a staff. There was not daily maid service, or laundry service. (The laundry facilities were really disgusting as well.) We tried to get a hold of Ted Tambke, who was always available before our trip, and now....never available. (Johhny-his staff, said we were not the first to be disappointed....or angry). We tried repeatedly to rectify the situation. (Ted has still not returned our deposit, nor will he accept calls or e-mail from us.) The power went off DAILY, and there is no back-up generator. The water pump was off more than it was on. We stood in the shower many times, waiting to rinse. The "Safe deposit Box" had no power to it. Many of the lightbulbs were burned out. The pool was grimy and mossy, not fit to swim in...you couldn't see the bottom. The property is not "Ocean front"...it is up a STEEP STEEP hill, across the only major highway, and through a small town. (It does have an incredible "Ocean view"). The T.V did not work our entire stay. The Air conditioner did not work. The Internet did not work. We have vacationed in many homes, and have never experienced such a disapointment. I wish you luck....and hope that you didn't book through Ted Tambke.

KAsandra

Atlanta
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dominical Estate

Marshgirl.

Do NOT listen to Kasandra. They've been sending unsolicited emails that are UNTRUE. I have rented this villa many times and all their complaints are not founded. I have asked my clients who rented it about what was said (actually a couple who was there just BEFORE Kasandra) and he could not believe any of what was said.

I'm not sure what these peoples problem is but they're going to get sued if they don't stop slandering the owner and this property!

Tricia

PS I DO NOT own this villa nor do I have ANY share in it.

Utah
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dominical Estate

Pictures are worth a thousand words.....

Sondie