We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report . Havasu Falls,Page,Zion,Vegas,Area 51 trip!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
98 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report . Havasu Falls,Page,Zion,Vegas,Area 51 trip!

So i just got back from an amazing trip! Hoover DamHavasu Falls,Page AZ (antelope Canyon/horseshoe bend,glen canyon dam) Zion National Park,Las Vegas and Area 51

So i flew into vegas,met my friend, we rented a car. Started our drive out to supai...First we stopped at hoover dam.it was massive and awesome. Then took us about 4-5 hours to drive Supai. we got to the parking lot at the end of the 60 mile road and just found a spot.

It was getting dark so we waiting for it to be completely dark got out the car walked down a little and looked up.....The Stars were amazing! I snapped a shot with my cam.

we ended up sleeping in the car -_- woke up at 4am and got ready for our 10 mile hike...

It was dark so we had headlights, went down a bunch of switch backs ended up taking a wrong turn and seeing a bunch of skeletons haha that was our warning so we turned around and headed the right way.

We ended up getting to havasupai village about 830-9am.. let me tell you some of the most clear water ive ever seen.. we get to the little office. checked in.. I got in Free because im a tribal member. so any native americans make sure you bring your tribal ID...

We started walking to the campgrounds which was another 2 miles (our feet were throbbing shoulders killing) and to our right was the most beautiful waterfall..

on we go, we find a camp site right by the blue water creek set up camp. Went swimming by the waterfall it was awesome. Next day we hiked down to beaver falls for a fun day and jumped off navajo falls and found some caves..the next morning....ok the hike out... its no joke, ran out of water half way through and the last mile is straight up all switchbacks lmao.. i dont recommend riding the horses cus they are deff abused. Ill take the heli next time on the way out. the hike in isnt bad.

that day after almost dying in the dersert finally get back to the car.

we drove to page AZ checked in hotel, next day we went to Antelope canyon and horseshoe bend..Recomended! and saw glen canyon dam...not even close so the amazement of hoover dam.. made our drive to zion national park.. amazing scenic drive.animals,mountains, you name it. checked in quality inn hotel which is right in springdale. That next day we woke up at 6 and did Angels Landing! after that we drove to Las vegas where we stood for the next 3 nights in the Flamingo Hotel, right on the strip!...during that time period we took a drive to Area 51 which is about 2 hours from vegas. Ate a Little Alien Burger from The Little A'Le'Inn

Glad i made that trip it was aweseome....all in all had an amazing trip.

If you want to see this whole trip!

I Filmed it all for my youtube vlogs. youtube.com/lifeofmikey1

if you want to see my pictures go here flickr.com/photos/131543789@N05

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report . Havasu Falls,Page,Zion,Vegas,Area 51 trip!

Thanks for the trip report. You're braver than I am, traveling a new trail by night, but that's one way to avoid the heat. It seems like you had a pretty busy vacation!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report . Havasu Falls,Page,Zion,Vegas,Area 51 trip!

Thanks for the report. Was out in Rachel at the Little Ale Inn a couple weeks ago on the way to Tonopah.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,657 posts
6,407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report . Havasu Falls,Page,Zion,Vegas,Area 51 trip!

Enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for writing.

4. Re: Trip Report . Havasu Falls,Page,Zion,Vegas,Area 51 trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Supai