We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havasu Falls to Page AZ

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Havasu Falls to Page AZ

Anyone know the driving distance from the trailhead to Page, AZ? Or for that matter the lat/long of the trailhead? Finding it a bit hard to try to find a route on Google Maps using Supai as a starting point.

While I'm here writing, is it do-able, or worth it to check out Horseshoe Bend and Lower or Upper Antelope Canyon before heading to Sedona? I know it's out of the way, but we live in SC, and likely won't be in the area again for a long time. We will be hiking out early on a Friday morning, and my thought was we could attempt to drive to Page before driving down to Sedona that evening? Too much?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,143 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

The drive will take 5-7 hours depending on how long you take driving through the GCNP. It would require an over night stay at Page. Not worth it IMO, without knowing your full itinerary.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,605 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

You may well want a good meal & shower ASAP ... I suggest lunch in Seligman. Then, direct to Sedona ... carracar

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

Using Google Maps, enter "Hualapai Hilltop." It should take you to latitude 36.1597, longitude -112.7094. Note that the names you'll see on the map are incorrect.

Also be wary of its directions. As I look at the map, it's giving the proper route to Page (Indian Road 18 to Route 66). However, the map also shows an alternate, shorter route that should NEVER be used.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,831 posts
90 reviews
4. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

Do you have permits for Havasupai lands? If not, you can't be there.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

Thanks for all of your help! Great to get the longitude and latitude - very helpful with planning. And, yes, we do have permits. Were one of the lucky few who secured them Feb 1st.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,831 posts
90 reviews
6. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

Heed the advice about the route. There is only one route possible, Indian Highway 18 back to Route 66. Online maps will often show a route through the forest to GCNP and beyond, but that road is a forest service road that is only suitable for 4WD vehicles and may not be passable at all. In fact, Google Maps just showed me that route as an alternative. ARGH!

7. Re: Havasu Falls to Page AZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2017, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Supai