We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone reservations for camping

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Phone reservations for camping

Hello,

I'm trying to secure a camping slot for a couple nights in late April, but can't get through the phone lines. Any recommendations? I'm dialing 928-448-2121/2141/2180, but for the last 2 days busy signals and circuit busy messages. I also sent an email to the tourism address. Are my efforts futile?

Thanks,

Ben

91 replies to this topic
Palm Springs, CA
Level Contributor
561 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone reservations for camping

Just keep trying. I'm trying as well. It's super annoying but I've read here to just be patient and keep at it. Good luck!

Santa Clara...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone reservations for camping

same here, thousands of calls without any luck :(

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone reservations for camping

The same difficulty has been reported on another website's forum. To quote from a Havasupai representative with respect to taking calls on February 1, they:

"...took thousands of calls and we are tired sorry if we didnt get ur call but we tried our best to get each and everyone...i know the lines were busy but right when we put the phone down we answered another.. There is four lines and four different people answering the phones. So please bare with us as we catch up. Another busy day tomorrow...good night everyone and congrats to the people that got through."

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone reservations for camping

Keep trying. Your efforts are certainly not futile yet!! Last year we didn't get through until the third day after reservations opened and we were able to get a reservation for our dates at that point. Additionally, we called a month before our trip to add an additional member to the group. It took several tries then as well but they allowed us to add an extra person on short notice. I am also trying this year again and have so far only gotten busy signals. Keep trying (just try not to call while I am :-)).

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone reservations for camping

I feel the same way. I been calling non stop for the past two days and no luck at all! =(.

Level Contributor
8 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phone reservations for camping

I have been calling those same three phone numbers too without success yet. What is the fourth number?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phone reservations for camping

I can't personally vouch for them, but I've read that the numbers are 928-448-2121 / 2141 / 2172 / 2180.

Lynden, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phone reservations for camping

I have been trying and trying also for the last few days! It does make me feel hopeful that others are having the same issues and its not that the phones are just inactive. Gotta keep trying...:)

Phoenix, Arizona
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Phone reservations for camping

So discouraging that such a horrible system is in place. I have had my phone on auto-redial for several hours now- literally over 900 calls with no luck.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,644 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phone reservations for camping

There's no horrible system. Havasu Falls and the surrounding land in their canyon and to the Colorado River belong to the Hualapai people. They live in a town with no land access. They are managing a popular attraction which cannot accommodate the number of people who want to go there. There is no answer except to keep calling.

Reply to: Phone reservations for camping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Supai