We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

1 post
Save Topic
Parking

Can you park an RV Zin the parking lot. We're taking a road trip from Boston. Hoping to spend 3 mites at the camground in early July.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Are you talking about the parking lot at Hualapai Hilltop, for the trailhead to Supai? If so, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to park an RV there as long as there's space available. If you're expecting there to be a parking lot at the Supai campground, then it's not going to happen since there are no vehicular roads to Supai; it's an 8-mile trail hike.

Mentioned in this post
Hualapai Hilltop
Hualapai Hilltop
27 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Supai
Supai
Arizona
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,366 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

The parking lot at Hualapai hilltop is not that big. Parking a large RV you might want to go back down the road a ways and park it in what I'd call the secondary parking area. It will make a little bit further to walk to the trailhead, but better than trying to maneuver the RV around the small lot.

My photo of it:

http://tinyurl.com/pu5rn3x

Mentioned in this post
Hualapai Hilltop
Hualapai Hilltop
27 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,422 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

Call now to see when you can get permits to enter Havasupai land. The permit is actually in the form of a reservation for the lodge or camping, and they give you a confirmation number which you must keep. They may not take reservations for 2016 until January or February. There is no way to know except to call them.

Be sure you are calling during daytime hours in Arizona, best between 10 am and 3 pm. Do that now so you know when you can get a permit. If they don't answer the phone, it's not because they don't want to, but rather that they are likely busy with another person. Keep trying.

http://www.havasupai-nsn.gov/

When people say they can't get through on the phone, I sometimes try myself, and usually get through after a few tries, and sometimes on the first. They are nice and courteous people as that is part of their ethic. And they will explain anything that you want.

Read the posts in this forum as a lot of questions are answered.

Just to be sure, the campground is tent or open air camping. There is no place for RVs except to park as above. It's an 8 mile hike down to Supai where you register, and then 2 more miles to the campground and falls. It will be hot in July.

Edited: 03 September 2015, 02:23
Mentioned in this post
Havasupai Lodge
Havasupai Lodge
239 Reviews
Supai, AZ
Arizona
Arizona
United States
Supai
Supai
Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

Thanks for the reply. I called to book a campsite for my family road trip but was told they don't take reservations until beginning of 2016 which is fine. As soon I secure camping reservation I can get a better handle on the logistics. I was just concerned about parking an RV in the lot because when I called they literally couldn't/wouldn't answer that one simple question .. UGH

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking

I was talking about the hilltop. I'm going to try to get campsite reservations for end of June beginning of July 2016. Can't really start planning til I secure camping reservations.. Wish me luck..😁

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking

Thanks for the reply. I called to book a campsite for my family road trip but was told they don't take reservations until beginning of 2016 which is fine. As soon I secure camping reservation I can get a better handle on the logistics. I was just concerned about parking an RV in the lot because when I called they literally couldn't/wouldn't answer that one simple question .. UGH

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking

I would park down the path of the parking lot, the parking lot can be cramped because of all the visitors (Averaging 200 a day).

8. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2016, 09:46