We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping reservations.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
103 reviews
camping reservations.

Hi everyone, I know that last year camping reservations opened up on February 1, at 8 am local time. I have searched the internet and can't find when they open up this year. I am assuming it's February 1 again at the same time. I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I want to call immediately when reservations open up. Thanks.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
90 reviews
1. Re: camping reservations.

The Havasupai don't advertise when things start. From other posts, it appears that February 1 is the date. Be patient in calling them.

Edited: 29 January 2015, 21:25
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: camping reservations.

Thanks Bob, and I will. I'll start calling at 8 AM Mountain time and understand it may take a while to get through. Fingers crossed!!

1 post
3. Re: camping reservations.

I have called and emailed multiple times daily since February 2 and have yet to reach anyone, not even a recording. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,174 posts
250 reviews
4. Re: camping reservations.

Keep calling.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: camping reservations.

There are several phone numbers; try them all and at various times of the day. I think they only have a few people managing the store, office, lodge, etc. this time of year, so you're going to have to get lucky about catching someone at a particular phone number.

From the havasuwaterfalls.com website (not the official site for the tribe but reliable, imo):

1-928-448-2141

1-928-448-2121

1-928-448-2174

or 1-928-448-2180

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: camping reservations.

I have also had no luck. My husband and I both have tried and tried all four of the listed numbers- at varying times of day. If I told you how many times I called you would think I was a nutcase so just suffice it to say it has been many times haha!! I'm going to keep on calling over the weekend and hope for an answer. You aren't alone in being unable to get through.

Edited: 06 February 2015, 23:57
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
67,174 posts
250 reviews
7. Re: camping reservations.

Supai is not a service oriented industry. They are an independent Indian tribe. You are calling to reserve a time to invade their land. Well, not exactly, but to them, life would be better if no one ever came there. They are in no hurry to accommodate you or your phone calls.

Be mindful and respectful of that, if and when you get through. If you are able to get a permit, it is just that. They deserve nothing but thanks and respect for allowing to you visit.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
103 reviews
8. Re: camping reservations.

No one said they don't deserve respect, merely said it is difficult to get through which is an objective fact.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
67,174 posts
250 reviews
9. Re: camping reservations.

Simply trying to help you understand why they don't answer phones on a regular schedule.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: camping reservations.

Well, at least if no one is getting an answer, all the reservations should still be available when you finally get through!

You know the saying about the lemons and lemonade, right? :)

Get answers to your questions about Supai