We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
18 posts
105 reviews
Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

Hello,we are going to the grand canyon national park, and we discover this wonderful place,havasufalls, just a few weeks ago, we make the call, to make the reservations for the permits and campground,for April 25, and they tell us, that this date are not available. It's possible that we'll continue too call, and they maybe have a cancellation, and we can have the permits?

We appreciate your opinions, because we travel from Uruguay, South America!

Thank you very much!!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,176 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

You need to understand that Havasu Falls is hundreds of miles away from where you'll be at the GCNP. You're talking about two completely different vacation destinations. HF is a primitive place on the Havasupai Indian Reservation. It is NOT a place that you can call and book on the spur of the moment. Furthermore, it requires a rigorous hike in and out of the side canyon.

Stick with your GCNP plan and forget about Havasu.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

For an average person in good shape who hikes, the hike to the village takes about 5-6 hours. Typically people hike down one day, spend the next day at the falls, and then hike out on the third day. The hike is not a casual hike.

Havasu Falls and the other falls are beautiful. They are also in a very remote area where few people can go where there are no services. You must be very prepared to go there.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

Una visita a Havasu Falls esta normalmente una aventura de tres dias. Necesita mucha preparacion. Esta una caminata medio dificil en un lugar salvaje y remoto con no servicios excepto comida y hospedaje primitivo en el pueblito Supai. Es posible que no es posible a vistar Havasu en este viaje. Regrese una otra vez.

Edited: 04 April 2013, 13:29
Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
18 posts
105 reviews
4. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

Thank you, for the quick answer!!! Maybe I'm explained the problem i have wrong( sorry for my english!) We do a lot of research of the place, and we are going to stay at the grand canyon national park for four days, with a reservation make 6 month ago. But we have 2 or 3 days after that and we continue our travel, so, we discover this amazing place call havasupai falls,we are prepare for hiking and camping, but the only question is if I continue to call and maybe i have the permits, or we go to other place.because in all the forums i read that you can't do the trail in one day, and the don't let you stay without a permit.

Thank you, very very much for your answers!!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,176 posts
250 reviews
5. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

Go to Page. Easier access and much to do. Or choose Sedona. Many hiking and scenic options. Havasu books up many months in advance, especially for April.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
18 posts
105 reviews
6. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

Thank you,very much!!! we'll certainly take your recomendations!

7. Re: Problems with the booking for havasupai falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Supai