We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day hike Havasu falls.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
Save Topic
One day hike Havasu falls.

Hello friends,

My girlfriend and me are planning our roadtrip through west america, and have one day free to explore Havasu falls.

Is it possible to get a helicopter ride early in the morning and bath in the falls 3 hours and then hike back the our car at the parking lot??

I know by the forum that you advice 2-3 days in Havasu. But since we only have one day, we just want to ask if this is possible. We haven't asked for permission yet.

-Rasmus and Rachel.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
65,375 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day hike Havasu falls.

Thanks for posting in the forum.

Your trip plan is unreasonable and not permitted. Helicopter flights into Havasupai are for the Supai people. You cannot go without a permit. Permits for 2017 have already been designated. Single day permits are prohibited.

If you have a single day for the Grand Canyon, drive to the Grand Canyon National Park at the south rim.

Mentioned in this post
Havasupai Lodge
Havasupai Lodge
239 Reviews
Supai, AZ
Supai
Supai
Arizona
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,487 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day hike Havasu falls.

The tribe also does not allow day trips if permits were available.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day hike Havasu falls.

Thank you very much for fast response!

It was not very good news but I appriciate your help!

We will definitely go visit the south rim in Grand Canyon nationalpark:)

Thank you very much

-Rasmus:)

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: One day hike Havasu falls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2018, 10:47