We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online reservation charge

Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Online reservation charge

Hi, i booked a reservation online through that sunrise reservations last Thursday Feb 2. Everything went fine. I got a confirmation email, saw it in my bank statetement as pending charge. I called the bank before and after it was charged to make sure it goes through. Yesterday, i dont see the charge anymore, called the bank again and they said its still there as pending. I also noticed it was taken out of my credit limit so i figured maybe it's just taking them a while.

Today, i noticed that the credit was put back in my account so i called the bank again and they said theyre not sure why that is and to call the campground reservation. But i havent been able to get through!! Anybody else having this issue with their charge?? Please help! I worked so hard to get this reservation!

Cottonwood Heights...
4 posts
1. Re: Online reservation charge

Ours did this too. I have a feeling everyones did. So its back to calling? This SUCKS. :(

Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Online reservation charge

So the amount went back to your credit card/debit card also? Coz yesterday I dont see the pending but the amount i paid was taken out. Now it's back.

Edited: 07 February 2017, 21:57
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Online reservation charge

Exact same thing happened to me. It originally showed as a pending charge, now it doesn't show up at all. Anyone have any information on why this happened?

Cottonwood Heights...
4 posts
4. Re: Online reservation charge

No one has info. No one has been charged, yet everyone still has their dates reserved, at least based on the nothing available on the website, and we all can still log into the sunrise account and see our dates.

San Francisco...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Online reservation charge

Same thing happened to me too! :(

5 posts
6. Re: Online reservation charge

I've been messaging the company managing the reservation site (Campground Automation Services) through Facebook and received the following note from them:

"Your reservation doesn't get cancelled based on the payment status, so it's still considered an 'Accepted' / confirmed reservation and your payment still shows as accepted on our end. I don't think you should be concerned with your reservation not being confirmed. I would just keep trying to contact that park (which I'm sure a lot of people are doing so it may take awhile to get through) throughout the next couple weeks and keep checking your online credit card account to see when/if your payment posts. This is the first time to my knowledge Supai has done online reservations so this kind of volume could be something they're having to coordinate with the cc processor to vet them and confirm those transactions, not sure, just speculating. I'll let you know if I hear anything new on it.

Best,

CAS"

Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Online reservation charge

Now they just posted on the Official Website that online reservations will be unavailable. I hope they don't cancel the ones already made.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,735 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Online reservation charge

I was asked to post this by Scott Gammenthaler of the reservation company working for the tribe:

"Attention all: I work with Campground Automation (Sunrise Reservations) and we handle the software for camping reservations at the Supai Campground. Payments are taking a bit longer than usual to post to your account due to the large volume received by the CC processor. I have verified that the reservations in question are still valid and accepted.

Please be patient and contact the tourist office with any other questions at 928-448-2121. Our support/sales phone lines can no longer accept calls from campers.

Thanks and enjoy your adventure!

Scott Gammenthaler

1 post
9. Re: Online reservation charge

@ Bob B. - My pending charge is back again today, so it looks like they are processing again!

Edited: 09 February 2017, 00:34
Detroit, Michigan
8 posts
10. Re: Online reservation charge

Mine moved from pending to posted today

Get answers to your questions about Supai