We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

I wanted to post this as so many people are interested in visiting Havasu Falls and there can be a great deal of confusion about the process.

This year, there are some major changes to the Havasu Falls reservation system. Permits will again become available on February 1st, but now payment will be required at the time the reservation is made. Payment in full can be made using a Visa or MasterCard. The permits/reservations are non-transferrable and non-refundable. I saw this change reported on a different forum and called the Camping Office this morning to confirm. I just spoke with an employee there who confirmed the above information.

Prices have gone up from last year as well though I don't have all of those details. You will get that information if you call in February. There are no changes to the Lodge reservation system that I am aware of. Good changes!!

Edited: 10 January 2017, 22:24
Mentioned in this post
Havasu Falls
Havasu Falls
470 Reviews
Supai, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,837 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

Payment in advance. Non transferable and non refundable. These are very good changes

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

Very good changes in my opinion RedRox. I imagine this will drastically cut down on the number of people calling and making reservations for themselves and 50 of their closest friends - then feeling free not to show up or maybe 12 people show up. That must have amounted to a tremendous amount of lost revenue.

This should make it somewhat easier to get a reservation as only those serious about actually going, will want to pay up front.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

A member posted the new terms and prices a few days ago.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31371…

Ridgecrest...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

I didn't know that there was an online site to make reservataions. Does someone have that link please?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

http://theofficialhavasupaitribe.com/

Ridgecrest...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

Thank you so much

7. Re: CHANGES to Havasu Falls reservation system.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2018, 10:45