We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

Bayville, New York
3 posts
Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

Hi. Are there any mountain passes or scary curves on drive from Page to Springdale and how can I avoid them? I’m really scared

5 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,147 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

The only place that may be of concern to you are the switchbacks going down in to Springdale after the tunnel on highway 9. The speed limit is about 30 mph. There's plenty of shoulder room. Take your time and pull over if traffic is stacking up behind you.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,689 posts
249 reviews
2. Re: Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

Nothing to fear. I’d be more concerned about rushing through Bryce. Better to stay a night there.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,489 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

Bryce ... IS our of your way ... If, Mtn. roads are a severe,problem .. I suggest, you drive the 89 to Kanab ... South a bit to Fredonia. Then West, on the 389 to Hurricane & the 9 East, into Springdale... Happy trails ... carracar

Edited: 26 August 2018, 08:55
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,147 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

@carracar - But there's that steep hill with a drop off going down in to LaVerkin. If the OP doesn't like drop offs, that would be worse than driving the switchbacks into Zion.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,489 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce

I Have only driven up that grade(on the inside) ... And had not, considered it to be a issue ... The OP. should then, fill the tank in Kanab & take choice ... The 89/9 into the Park direct, is arguably the more scenic option... Happy trails ... carracar

Reply to: Driving from Page to Springdale with driveby Bryce
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted