We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which pink jeep tour?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
140 reviews
Which pink jeep tour?

Hi.

I am in need of your expertise please.

I am deciding on a pink jeep tour, and narrowed it down to two:

1. Broken arrow.

2. 3 hr scenic rim going to Mogollon rim

which one do you think is more scenic?

which one is more bumpy (wife sometimes gets motion sickness)?

Thank you for your help

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
39,076 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

I think the Broken Arros is pretty bumpy, we did the Range Rover tour and were very happy with that ride. 🌵

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

The Broken arrow tour is more scenic, IMO. It is bumpy, but I doubt you would have a problem with motion sickness. The scenic rim tour is also quite bumpy.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,689 posts
249 reviews
3. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

Thank# for posting in the forum.

Both tours are scenic. Every tour is scenic for that matter. Don’t even try to compare for scenic value. Broken Arrow will bounce you around, but at very slow speeds. Scenic Rim takes you up Schnebly Hill Rd. It’s an old cattle trail, turned wagon road, now mostly unmaintained and primarily used bu tour Jeeps and annoying ATVs.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,110 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

"which one do you think is more scenic?"

- Broken Arrow

which one is more bumpy (wife sometimes gets motion sickness)?"

- Broken Arrow

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
140 reviews
5. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

Thank you all.

Appreciate your prompt replies.

Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
773 reviews
6. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

Orthopedic issues and motion sickness and how hard it hits any specific person is very personal. No one else can actually know how your wife will react. The problem with the off-road tours is that even when the jeep moves slowly, there is a rolling side to side and up and down, sometimes jerky movement...a combination which over 2 or 3 hours can really affect passengers. It is not even like hitting speed bumps on a flat road, it more like the movement of waves in a boat. Healthy young people who run the office and drive the tours sometimes don't know really what being injured or having motion sickness can be like. The front seat is no guarantee that it will be safer or less nausea inducing. If its a hot day, it could be worse.

I only know that I would never advise anyone to do an off-road tour with either issue...from personal experience.

Sedona is just plain scenic all over. There are Pink Jeep on-pavement tours now that are nice for the information they give you about the area. But, you can drive all the scenic paved roads yourselves at your own pace as well. Naturally its your and your wife's choice.

Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
773 reviews
7. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

Here is a copy of a 5* rave review but with realistic points of information about the ride. Most reviews are rave because it is so fun. I used to love it and still would if I did not have back and knee issues.

This is from 4 weeks ago by Bob S from Stratford Canada and not my own.

"Wild jeep ride through mountains around Sedona wth breath-taking views!"

"Really fun tour but not suitable for people with mobility, back or heart issues as it really is bumpy and you will get tossed around a bit even with lap belts. Young driver was very knowledgeable of area and quite funny too. He made the trip enjoyable and was very helpful to anyone having a bit of trouble navigating the rocks at each stop. He also took pics of anyone who wanted them.

The Broken Arrow tour is probably the wildest offered with the 6-7 person jeep going up & down rocky trails some as steep as 45 degrees. Pink Jeep tours can be booked right in downtown Sedona. The jeeps leave & return right around corner. Booking is quick & easy. This tour $110/person. Highly recommended"

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
998 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Which pink jeep tour?

I found the Broken Arrow tour to be a lot of fun, and I would not expect it to cause motion sickness, unless it is someone who is unusually sensitive (I wouldn't describe it as even remotely similar to the movement of waves in a boat).

You can certainly enjoy Sedona without doing a Jeep tour, though, so if you're concerned and decide to not do it, Don't fret too much that you're missing out. And, if you are hikers, you could do the Broken Arrow hiking trail and see most of the same sights you'd get on the Jeep tour, only without the narration and without being in a vehicle. The hiking trail is near the 4x4 trail, but you wouldn't be sharing the same path with Jeeps. Or the Little Horse trail takes you to the same dramatic vista of "Chicken Point" via a different route, so it wouldn't be the same views as Broken Arrow, but is another really nice hike, and you'd probably see a Pink Jeep or two at the end of the trail.

Reply to: Which pink jeep tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted