We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Suggestions

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
352 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking Suggestions

Hello! My husband and I are planning our 4th trip to Sedona and would appreciate some suggestions for new hikes to take. Our last trip to the area was this past December with the family and we hiked the trails around the Enchantment resort... Boynton Canyon trails, Doe Mountain. Previously, we've hiked the Westfork hike in Oak Canyon, Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Airport Mesa as well as visited the Chapel.

Any good ideas for hikes that we haven't done? Looking for moderate (or easy) scenic hikes. We're both in our mid-50's (in decent shape) and we'll be in Sedona in mid-August from Thursday morning through Sunday morning.

Here's our plan so far...

Hotel: Courtyard Sedona

Restaurants: Mariposa, The Hudson, and Elote -- what would be a good time to go for the second seating at Elote? Also, would Whole Foods be the best place to pick up sandwiches for lunch out on the trail?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Enchantment Resort
Enchantment Resort
2,953 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Cathedral Rock
Cathedral Rock
5,106 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Bell Rock
Bell Rock
4,106 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Airport Mesa
Airport Mesa
2,419 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Courtyard Sedona
Courtyard Sedona
295 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Mariposa
Mariposa
California
The Hudson
The Hudson
1,427 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Elote Cafe
Elote Cafe
4,581 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
3 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
65,357 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking Suggestions

Courthouse Loop is a nice addition to your hike list. Also Hiline is one of my favs. Shh, keep it a s3cret.

All of the local grocers have delis for trail lunches. A few other small specialty delis too. No reason not to make it special.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking Suggestions

A couple of my favorites from two previous visits have been Little Horse Trail (out and back for a total of about 3.5 miles) and making a loop out of Soldiers Pass/Brins Mesa/Cibola Pass/Jordan Pass trails (about 5 miles round trip; sounds complicated with four different trails, but they are well marked, so we navigated it easily enough on our first trip to Sedona).

Mentioned in this post
Little Horse Trail
Little Horse Trail
220 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Mesa
Mesa
Central Arizona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
352 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking Suggestions

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Reply to: Hiking Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted