We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

Houston, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

I'd love some fun ideas for a birthday Girls' trip the last weekend of September (Thurs-Sun.). It'll be 9 ladies (35-45y) and we'll be staying at Four Seasons Troon North. We'll be renting an SUV.

We're looking to spa, shop, eat great food and we love good wine. We are not looking for the party scene. And we are not single.

I heard about the Thurs. night Artwalk that sounds fun... then I read that it has changed alot (maybe not as fun as it sounds)? I also heard something about a day wine tour? We're also pretty adventurous. So, any ideas for fun activities outdoors? I know the shopping is fabulous...where would you recommend for boutiques (not so much souvenirs) I've been to Fashion Square Mall. Also, we love to eat! Oh, and some amazing dessert is a must...

We love the idea of a night of going to a show/concert/comedy ect., and having dinner at a great restaurant (good food, wine and atmosphere)

Hopefully you get the idea of what we're interested in. Any advice, ideas, tips would be so appreciated!!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

If you are done with Scottsdale Fashion Square (even though there are new stores and Barneys), take a look at Kierland Commons, there are some great options for shopping there (Ann Taylor, Chicos, Talbots, Coldwater Creek plus more) and some wonderful dining choices as well. For entertainment look at Bobby's, which has some good live jazz. Also IPIC is a new luxury theater concept at Scottsdale Quarter across the street. Also at Scottsdale Quarter is Narcisse, a "champagne bar" that gets good reviews. One of my new happy hour favroites is El Chorro in Paradise Valley - their dinners are pretty pricey, but their bar menu and happy hour "buffet" is definitely worthy and lively. Oh, you mentioned desserts...their sticky buns are their 'claim to fame" and quite nice, they also offer their full dessert menu in the bar....my kind of place :o).

Houston, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

Thanks so much for your help! We are actually going the last weekend in October. I couldn't figure out how to edit that mistake.

I am definitely not done with Fashion Square Mall! I just mentioned that I've been there because I figured it would surely be mentioned. (:

These sound like great places! I'm wondering if the jeep tours are as fun as they seem. Also, by "refined" I didn't mean snooty, just that we aren't single or in our 30's...

I really appreciate your taking the time to help us out!!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

The jeep tours are a lot of fun. I have only taken them in Sedona but everyone I know that has taken them in the Scottsdale area has enjoyed them. Some even pick you up at your hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

While you are no where near the "Purple Hat" gang, it sounds like you ladies want to let your hair down and go to a place where you can raise the roof a little. I suggest you go north to Pinnacle Peak Steak House where you will get a real southwest welcome, a cowboy steak or chicken etc. with a great view of the city, and you can get away with just about anything short of setting the place on fire...in a "refined" manner ;)

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

http://cavecreekvisitorsguide.com/

If you and your friends like the western vibe, head over to the town of Cave Creek, just west of your resort. Definitely "cowboy" and not always refined, but lots of fun and "very AZ". Look at the link for Cave Creek Map on top right corner of website above.

In the town of Carefree is a lovely little tea cafe that you will need a reservation if you go, especially all of you, it is quite popular and very nicely done: http://www.carefreetea.com/

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,393 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

If you decide to go to Cave Creek, you have to eat dinner at Binkley's:

http://binkleysrestaurant.com/?page_id=25

7. Re: Would love ideas for a fun yet refined girls' trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:45