We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons v Intercontinental

Southern US
Level Contributor
64 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons v Intercontinental

I was ready to book a 3 day get away with the Four Seasons during the first week of October. Then I found out the Intercontinental will be $700 less for the same time. I'm wondering if I should take a chance on the Intercontinental and save some money.

I'm looking for a quiet and peaceful spa holiday alone and away from my family. I would really like a place with the great spa services and no kids running around. I'm not sure if the Intercontinental will be as peaceful and kid-less as the FS. Also, I'm a little worried as I've heard about its bankruptcy. But that price is almost too good to pass up.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice that anyone might have in helping me reach a decision.

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons v Intercontinental

First, you can eliminate your worry about the Intercontintal's bankruptcy - this new hotel isn't shuttering any time soon, no matter what the status of its ownership. That just makes it a question of comparing these two beautiful properties. The FS is more secluded, in North Scottsdale, and will probably be a little more serene and adult-oriented than the IC. However, I spent a day at the IC's pool and it was uncrowded, mostly adults, and very relaxing...not to mention the spectacular views of Camelback. If price was no issue, the FS would still have a leg up in luxury, tranquility, and service...but it sounds like price IS a factor ($700 is a lot of money, after all, that could go towards other things), in which case I think you'd be more than happy at the IC Montelucia. Hope that helps!

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
546 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons v Intercontinental

Let me get right to your point, for what you want there is no comparison between the two. FS is listed on Conde Nasts Gold List and Travel & Leisure's Top 500 every year, IC hotels are not on that list. So for peace, quiet, and total pampering FS is head and shoulders above IC. But as mentioned $700 is a consideration. If you are concerned about the price my suggestion is to check into the prices of a few others that I would put above IC for what you are looking for.

In order of recommendation:

Royal Palms

Boulders

Sanctuary

Also, just to clarify...you are speaking of a $700 difference over the course of the 3days right, not per day?

Southern US
Level Contributor
64 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons v Intercontinental

Thanks for the advice. The $700 price difference is over the 3 days, not per night. I guess this comes down to a personal choice. It's good to know that I that I won't go wrong with either hotel. I'm looking forward to visiting Scottsdale.

4. Re: Four Seasons v Intercontinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 11:49