We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Restaurant

Ohio
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Italian Restaurant

Would like advice as to a great Italian restaurant.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,893 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Italian Restaurant

My favorite is a traditional, small family owned place at Osborn and Hayden Roads called "Uncle Sal's" www.unclesalsaz.com. There is also a local favorite with absolutely no curb appeal called La Locanda at Gold Dust and Scottsdale Roads. Also, Arrivederci at Scottsdale and Thunderbird www.azitaly.com/scottsdale_Home_Page.html. These are small and fairly casual, but the food is amazing, great service and every one is unique.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,893 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Italian Restaurant

oops, i forgot to try the website for Arrivederci before i posted...it appears to be down...the restaurant is still there though and hopping busy.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Italian Restaurant

If you could narrow it down to a more specific area, we might be able to give you some better recommendations!

Ohio
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Italian Restaurant

well, I posted on the Scottsdale forum, I guess I did not feel I needed to be any more specific than that. Should I have included the township, county, etc?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Italian Restaurant

I think what life is my vacation meant was where are you staying in Scottsdale? That way we can try to suggest places that are more convenient to you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Italian Restaurant

Yes thank you, aztchr. I was merely trying to be helpful, as there are many great Italian restaurants in Scottsdale, and Scottsdale encompasses quite a large area. For instance, it could take you 40-50 minutes to get from the Four Seasons Troon, in North Scottsdale, to Old Town Scottsdale. I was trying to provide more neighborhood-specific recommendations, but obviously you're not interested in helping us to better help you.

Ohio
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Italian Restaurant

We have a car, staying at JW Camelback, do not mind a bit of a drive.

Phila Pa
Level Contributor
126 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Italian Restaurant

I recently vacationed in Scottsdale/Phoenix and I found a great place in Phoenix. Here is the review that I posted. If you go, request the home made pasta.

We saw Guiseppe's on a Food Network show, Diner's Drive In's and Dives. It is a little place in a strip mall. The show featured the bolognese sauce and home made pasta. Until the show came out, they were only making the pasta on the weekends. They have it everyday now. Both the bolognese and the pasta were delicious. My husband had the eggplant parm. He loved it. When he tasted my dish, he decided we had to go back again. A few days later, we were back, he got the bolognese and I got the lasagna. It was great too. Sadly we do not live in the area and we will miss the food

9. Re: Italian Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale
Recent Conversations