We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

Hi guys

Visiting for 2 nights mid September

I know comparing these 2 is apples and oranges

If u can offer any insight I’d appreciate it.

What’s important:

Location that might have the least amount out kids

Pool area is big deal

Don’t care about golf

We’ll only be eating on premises

We do like the size and feel of the JW

Looks like it’s easy to get lost at the Fairmont

7 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
87,101 posts
2,908 reviews
2,704 helpful votes
1. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

We have never stayed at the JW Marriott, but have attended many events there, as well as having dined at Roy’s.

We have stayed at the Fairmont Princess, for a series of meetings for my wife.

Thoughts:

Pool complex very good for both. I would anticipate more children at Fairmont, but did not notice that many during our stay.

More dining purely on-property at Fairmont, BUT Marriott is adjacent to Desert Ridge w/ many dining options, just steps off property.

Rooms? Only know Fairmont, and that was quite nice.

I have links to my review for the Fairmont and my review of their spa in this thread: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31350-i180-k13621521-Multiple_Needs_Hotel_Recommendations-Scottsdale_Arizona.html

Best of luck,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
87,101 posts
2,908 reviews
2,704 helpful votes
2. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

Oops, just noticed you are looking at the JW Marriott Camelback, which I knew as the Camelback Inn.

Again, we have only attended events there, and not stayed.

Scratch my comments on Desert Ridge, and Roy’s, duh!

However, I still think possibly a few more children at Fairmont?

Also, I cannot recall the pool at Camelback, as none of our events was around the pool.

Sorry,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
87,101 posts
2,908 reviews
2,704 helpful votes
3. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

For on-property dining at the Fairmont, I reviewed each restaurant, and those are linked here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31350-i180-k13168923-o10-Fairmont_Princess_Scottsdale_or_JW_Marriott_Phoenix-Scottsdale_Arizona.html

Enjoy,

Hunt

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
57 posts
65 reviews
37 helpful votes
4. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

I stayed with my 2 teenagers and elderly mom at the JW Camelback and it was truly a magnificent resort

We were just there last March for Spring Break

Restaurants were both delicious and had "kid Food" as well

Beautiful gardens and landscaping

We felt like we were in Arizona

Theming is perfect

I didn't choose a hotel that could be in any city, I wanted the Southwest casita type and this fit the bill perfectly

High End accommodations

We had a 2 bedroom villa with private pool, so maybe regular casitas aren't as lavish, but this one was superb!!!

Pool was nice, but nothing special for younger ones--like no water slides or beach area

The location was perfect. Close to a very quiet and simply beautiful area and neighborhood

Very easy to get to Old Town, hiking, and Fashion Square.

Edited: 02 September 2021, 02:39
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
473 reviews
233 helpful votes
5. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

We enjoyed the JW Marriott Camelback and highly recommend it!

Arizona
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
49 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

The Fairmont is an awesome resort, but you’re correct it is quite large.

They have many terrific family events there that tourists and locals love, but mostly geared towards families and conferences and special events.

The JWMarriott Camelback Inn welcomes families and groups as well but it is much more low key with a gracious hospitality. I love the old ARizona feel of the Marriott, 5 star all the way. Both offer excellent spa services as well, my two favorite spas in the whole valley, but if I had to choose I’d choose the Camelback inn in a heartbeat.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
15 helpful votes
7. Re: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Save

JW Marriott Camelback is amazing! Best spa in town. Fairmont Princess has more family/ kid amenities so they are going to have more kids.

Pools are smaller at Camelback Inn - but the mountain setting is spectacular.

Both have wonderful restaurants. But as a 25 year AZ resident I think you will be happier at JW Marriott Camelback Inn.

Reply to: JW Marriott Camelback and Fairmont
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.