We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?

13 posts
Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?

Hello, going to a conference in september and it is being held at the Fairmont

Normally I would stay there as it is easier but this year going with my nanny and 2.5year old toddler. I was wondering if getting a different type of accommodation eg hiring a whole apartment would work. I like the fairmont in that they would be able to walk and swim whilst I was in lectures but think a suite will be too expensive. However not sure of any close apartments (nanny cant drive) that will also have facilities during the day

Can anyone help pleeeeease!

4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?

If the Nanny can't drive, you will need to choose your lodging very carefully or expect that she will remain where you end up staying without leaving for meals, etc... There almost no public transportation in North Scottsdale. the areas where there are things that are walkable (ex Old Town, near Kierland) are going to be a longer commute for you or just as expensive. Scottsdale is thirty miles long so you really need to be sure you check where the apartment is that you will staying is located. There are a number of new condos in the area but the ones I've seen all have adult pools (not set up for kids).

Don't write off the Fairmont until you have checked prices. The end of September can still be very hot and the prices usually don't start to increase until mid-October or so.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?

Get 2 rooms at the Princess. That's probably cheaper than a suite, but as mentioned it's low season so check prices.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?

You won’t want anyone walking too far or too long in Sept, it will still be hot. Next to the Princess is the Holiday Inn Vacation Resort, formely a Suites Hotel. Certainly not the Princess but multiple pools, on-site dining etc. Rates should still be discounted.

13 posts
4. Re: Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?

Thank you, will actually find out rates at eh fairmont as you suggested

Reply to: Where to stay if not the Fairmont Princess?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale
Recent Conversations