We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
183 reviews
Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

At this point we are anticipating taking Tufesa Executive bus (unless someone has a better suggestion) from Nogales to Mazatlan. Is anyone familiar with parking availability in Nogales for about 4 weeks? Location, cost, and security?

6 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,889 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

You can also catch the same bus in Phoenix or Tucson. I would not recommend leaving a car in Nogales Sonora for that long. You would be better to contact TUFESA and ask about parking in Tucson.

You could also park at any of the airport parking companies and taxi to the TUFESA station. They are located in a strip mall at 5550 S 12th Ave. There is no long term parking there. Airport parking is available from $3-8/day depending on whether you want covered parking. Since your vehicle will be there for much longer than normal. be sure to talk with them.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
183 reviews
2. Re: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

Actually we were not considering parking on the Sonora side but on the Nogales,AZ side near a hotel for convenience. Good idea though to check with Tufesa and also some of the hotels. Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
3. Re: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

I suggest you look at taking the train. Having taken both, I can tell you the train is far superior.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
183 reviews
4. Re: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

Actually we were not considering parking on the Sonora side but on the Nogales,AZ side near a hotel for convenience. Good idea though to check with Tufesa and also some of the hotels. Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,889 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

Sorry Donbacsi/ugyved2, there is no train to Mazatlan. It stopped running in the 80s. Other than within urban areas, and El Chepe in Copper Canyon, Mexico has no long distance passenger rail.

Nogales Arizona does have some parking areas near the border, but I would not consider leaving a vehicle there for that length of time. You might be able to work a deal with a hotel, but the nice ones are close to the western port of entry not downtown. There is a Holiday Inn Express and Candlewood Suites on West Mariposa Rd.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,889 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?

I did some research. I am familiar with the border parking areas on the Arizona side. Sorry, but your vehicle would not be secure there. There is a U-Haul dealer who provides long term vehicle storage. You would need to drop your car there and taxi to a hotel. I cannot recommend any of the hotels near downtown, in fact would recommend against them. As before, the only nice hotels are near the western port of entry. You would have to taxi to downtown, walk across the border, and taxi to the bus station. The hotel may know of taxis which can cross the border. I hope you are aware that the executive bus leaves late at night, around 10 PM.

Reply to: Bus to Mazatlan from Nogales. Parking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nogales
More Nogales Topics