We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FMM card Nogales 24 hours??

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
FMM card Nogales 24 hours??

I will be taking my boyfriend to Mexico for the first time to meet my family. My uncle suggested we leave at midnight to get at Nogales at 3 but no one can seem to tell me if we would be about to get him a FMM at that hour or would we have to wait till 6 when Mariposa open. Please help:)

4 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,895 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: FMM card Nogales 24 hours??

You can get an FMM at the downtown immigration office. It is supposed to be open 24 hours, but from my own experience you might have to look for someone there late at night.

Why would you want to go to Nogales at 3 am in the first place?

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
2. Re: FMM card Nogales 24 hours??

We are driving through to Ciudad Obregon and want to get the early in the morning

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,895 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: FMM card Nogales 24 hours??

This is not an area to drive at night. It's a 7-8 hour drive in good conditions without stops from Nogales Sonora to Ciudad Obregon. You might consider taking a bus instead of driving.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: FMM card Nogales 24 hours??

Bob, we get Mexican guests at our hotel who will leave at 2 or 3 AM- when I asked one couple once if there was something wrong that they were checking out at 2 AM, they explained that no, it was a good time to leave for a faster return through the Port of Entry.

Reply to: FMM card Nogales 24 hours??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nogales
More Nogales Topics