We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Nova - Antarctica

us
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Nova - Antarctica

Does anyone been on the Ocean Nova? I wondering how sailing on her in Antarctica was.....any info would be great....thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

Just did a cruise on the Ocean Nova with Quark Expeditions, and it was splendid.

The small ship was able to negotiate difficult terrain and although it rocked quite a bit when the winds get strong and the weather gets tough, it sure is a hardy ship that was impregnable!

us
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

Thank s for info....glad you had a good trip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

I took an Antarctic expedition with Quark in Nov/Dec of 2010 aboard the Ocean Nova. It was fantastic. I am in the process of writing up the entire voyage (places visited, the Ocean Nova itself, camera gear, and other advice) on my blog. If you are interested, you can read about it here:

…blogspot.com/search/label/Antarctica

In short, it is a great ship and it was able to go into shallower harbours and bays because of its smaller size. It is comfortable and the staff are wonderful. Nothing but good things to say about it.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

NomadicCanuck: Thanks a lot for your amazing travelogue! I'll leave tomorrow and take the Ocean Nova departing on Jan. 24.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

Have a great time! It is a wonderful vessel and you will have a great time!

All the best!

NomadicCanuck (aka Roel)

http://holyfstop.com

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

travelgal you can also check out the TA Antarctica forum for past passengers and info

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12337-Antarcti…

and their sister site at Cruise Critic which has an Antarctica forum under the Ports Of Call banner

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

Just returned from a week on the ship, as part of Antarctica XXI. Boat is pretty good for Antarctica standards. Food was not so good. But, overall, it was an amazing week in Antarctica.

8. Re: Ocean Nova - Antarctica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2013, 15:54