We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable ATM at airport?

perth
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable ATM at airport?

Hello all,

is there a reliable ATM at the Argentine side airport for us to get Arg Pesos (can't find where to get them here at home).

Many Thanks for your advice

Regards

Pats

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable ATM at airport?

Well "reliable" is the key. ATMs in Puerto Iguazu are hit and miss. Additionally the banking system only allows certain maximum withdrawal per 24 hours. (Same in Brazil for foreigner's) There is a bank in the centro, as well as ATMs.

The ATM at the AR falls is not reliable. May be a cambio in the airport for obtaining just entrance fees. (Not the best exchange rates.) Taxis exchange for US$ at a better rate, but only U$.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Iguazu
Puerto Iguazu
5,805 Reviews
Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
Brazil
Brazil
South America
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable ATM at airport?

i cant remember if they had an ATM at the airport since i already had local $$ from BA.

i found 2 that i used. There are probably more but i was hoofing it everywhere so my search area was small and i was staying more or less near the bus station area.

there is on on the main street from the Airport into town. That one i found to be the most busiest of the ones i used and if there is a line outside, it probably means the ATMs are empty or down. its located on the corner of Av Victoria Aguirre and Dra Marta Schwarz and was a Banco Nacion as in Google Maps. I believe the ATMs were in a covered area just outside the doors to the bank and if so, they would be available 24/7.

the other one that the locals told me to try was the on the corner of Av. Misiones & Calle Bonpland it was a Banco Marco and it is also shown on google Maps. the ATMs were inside and at that time the bank was open. I dont know if there was any access off hours. There were different type of ATMs so i had to try 2 before i found one that worked for withdrawing $$$.

both of these were close to the bus station and within walking distance, at least for me.

there was supposedly a Santander in town but off the main street and before you pass the local hospital, but i didnt use or go to that one so i cant say.

3. Re: Reliable ATM at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2017, 10:46
;