We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shearaton unavailable in Nov- alternatives, Brazil visa

Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Shearaton unavailable in Nov- alternatives, Brazil visa

I triend to book the Shearaton for the end of November and were told no rooms were available. Do the travel websites hold rooms? I was planning on spending 2 nights.

Any alternatives that people are closer to the upscale end?

It also seems the recent info is Brazil recently started checking for visas and you have to pay the $110 fee. I guess I can ask a cab driver when I am there.

Has anyone gone from El Calefete to Iguazu? I now you have to stop in B.A. but thought as long as I was already at the airport I would see them both before returning to B.A.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
1. Re: Shearaton unavailable in Nov- alternatives, Brazil visa

Hello EJS,

yes, you need a visa for Brasil, and get it before leaving US. Otherwise you wont be able to cross from Argentina.


For visa information: consular@brasilemb.org

From Calafate to Iguazu you have to make a stop in BA, but conections with LAN Argentina are pretty fair.

The other hotel you can try is Grand Hotel Iguazu, is casino and they have very good shows.

You can also contact marina@ziotravel.com

I got my lodging through them and they gave me a better rate than the website.

Some times they hold rooms for tour operators and travel agencies.

Good luck and good trip!


San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
13,035 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Shearaton unavailable in Nov- alternatives, Brazil visa

The only dates for the end of November which are a problem are the 18th to 22nd. The other dates for the Sheraton are open. Did you call Starwood directly?

The Grand Hotel is a nice substitute as suggested. It's not in the park, but close enough and a much nicer facility.

The taxi drivers will know if the Brazilian border guards are checking that day so wait until you get there.

As long as you can make the connections from El Calafate then make the flight. There is always the possibility of a delayed flight. Lan would be the best choice and allow enough time between flights as a little insurance.

Good Luck!!

Level Contributor
443 posts
3. Re: Shearaton unavailable in Nov- alternatives, Brazil visa

American posters have repeatedly reported that they were required a visa in order to cross to Brazil, so I don't thinks this is a new thing.

4. Re: Shearaton unavailable in Nov- alternatives, Brazil visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:50