We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remis prices gone up a lot

New York, NY
7 posts
Save Topic
Remis prices gone up a lot

Is it just me or have the prices for a remis from the international airport to a hotel in BA gone up remarkably within the year??? I have read some posts on TA and some prices mentioned were 60 to 85 pesos in 2007. On Manuel Tienda Leon site the price now says 130 pesos.

I will be traveling in November. Should I reserve one now or wait till I arrive and just go to the booth? Is it too early to worry about this now? Do the car companies even reserve this early?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

Mark,

The 65 peso rate is for a return...from downtown to EZE....the rate is higher (95 pesos) from EZE to downtown.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

New York, NY
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

I understand inflation very well and know it is inevitable. All I am saying is that it is quite an increase for such a short time period. Kennedy to my apartment in Manhattan is a flat fare of $45. I believe it's been $45 for a while (a couple of years at least). To go from 85 to 130 in a year to me is drastic. Thanks for all the advice.

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
842 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

I don't think Argentina is considered a third world country, at least by me. But I do think the price of a taxi from EZE to downtown is high. I don't believe the price on Manuel Tienda Leon is 120 pesos in a shared van.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

"There are companies a bit less expensive than Manuel Tienda Leon..World Car and VIP Car .. both have booths in the airport."

How good are the other companies compare to Manuel Tienda Leon?

Bill

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

I have used world car several times and have been very pleased. The cars are newer and larger than Taxi EZE. The drivers have been uniformly polite and professional. I have only used World Car once for a return trip from town to EZE but my one experience was equally positive. The driver arrived 10 minutes in advance of the time I had requested, helped with luggage and got me to the airport in 35 minutes (there was no traffic...so I am sure this is not the norm in rush hour).

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

Bill,

I've used both numerous times - that's why I put them in my blog -- I have been happy with both: new cars, polite service -- prompt, etc.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

msobiwang, yes things go up very quickly here. Another thing you can do if it's too expensive for you, is take a bus. I have never done that, but I know there has to be a colectivo to bring you to town.

TARHEEL37, thank you for saying that we are not a third world country!

DR_dawggy, yes, you are right it is very difficult to predict what will happen with the prices in advance here. You bring groups? are you a travel agent?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

Ilana, University Professor not a travel agent....I bring groups of undergarduate students...this next year I will bring a small group of grad students..

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

ah, ok dr_dawggy! that's so cool that you bring your studenst here. What do you teach?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Remis prices gone up a lot

In Buenos Aires..we look at social issues such as the impact of globalization on the culture, economics and politics of Argentina....