We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

Ipswich
Level Contributor
535 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

We're Kalkan regulars but have heard good things about Yalikavak. Have any Yali regulars stayed in Kalkan and how does it compare?

We like smallish, quiet places, no British pubs or loud music. Kalkan has grown a lot over the past 10 years but stil has charm and, more importantly, lots of fabulous restaurants.

Is there a beach in town, what are the restaurants like and can anyone recommend a smallish quiet hotel?

What about Bodrum - is it worth a look or will we do what we did when we once visited Marmaris and get back on the next dolmus?!

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
209 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

Hi

We have been to Kalkan (3 years ago) and went to Yalikavak a couple of weeks ago

I thought it was very similar in style to Kalkan - perhaps smaller (as yet, but like Kalkan they are building up the hill to Gockebel where we stayed and they will someday merge)

Lots of lovely looking restaurants, live music, a nice seafront walk - althought English menus, certainly not 'English breakfast' type

If you like Kalkan I think you would like Yali

Krista

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

Hi Blynda9 - just wondering if you got any further in your research as I'm looking for exactly the same thing having stayed in Kalkan last time. Fancy somewhere new though.

We've been really lucky having stayed in Dalyan a few times and then Kalkan once and loved the quiet atmosphere (slightly more lively in Kalkan!) that both had.

Ipswich
Level Contributor
535 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

Sorry for delay - no haven't got any further but think from these replies that we may well give Yali a try before long. Just need to research somewhere to stay now.

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

Since I last posted I've done more research and have been recommended Bitez on the Bodrum peninsula.

Had always been warned off Bodrum itself but apparently Bitez is chilled and nice. Another thought for you!

5. Re: Any Yalikavak regulars been to Kalkan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak