We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

We have booked to go on Jerry's boat next Friday, in Fethiye and was wondering the best way to get there. As the boat leaves at 9.30am and we are not sure what time to get he dolums and how long it takes to walk to the boat.

We are staying at he Flamingo, so any help with the would be greatfully received.

Does anyone know if you can take water on board this boat? Looking at other forums, I see that not many allow your own drinks.

Folkestone, Kent
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Hi, This will be our first time to Oludeniz as well in 3 weeks time but I do know that every boat trip that I have been on does not allow you to take your own drinks aboard because this is one of the main ways how they make there money, however I have taken just the 1 bottle of water with me and never has this been taken off me. Prob if you took a whole load of drinks with you then your in for trouble and a quick exit off the boat, can you walk the plank LOL.

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

HI we went on Jerrys boat last week, a great day. WE were a party of 9 so got a big taxi ( which turned out to be a private dolmus- it was wonderful), taxis are about 55-60 lira from Olu Deniz to Fethiye. We decided to do this so we knew we would be there in good time and becoause there were a few of us and then got the dolmus back.

You can get the dolmus though, but would suggest you catch it by 8.15 and ask the driver to get off at the post office, or the war memorial.

with regards to water, we took a couple of big bottles of water on there, we were discreet but also used the bar on the boat. Drinks were 3.5 tl for coke, ice tea, etc and 7.5 for a large Efes etc, so good value.

Have a great time you will love it- it was a brilliant day and the lunch was fab.

Oops forgot to say, catch the dolmus from the stop near the majestic hotel ( about 200 metres from Flamingo- walking downhill)- cost 5 lira per person per journey.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 13:44
Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Thanks so much for that. I will probably get a taxi there to be sure for time. And dolmus back. We are all very excited as we have heard great things with regards to Jerry's.

Thanks again

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

You're welcome, it really is a fab day out- and agree worth the peace of mind to get there on time. Enjoy yourself

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Hi,

We were on Jerry Boat a couple of weeks ago - great day out.

We took 4 bottles of water with us and there wasno problem (possibly because we also used the bar to buy quite a few drinks.)

One tip though, we arrived layden with our own flippers, masks, snorkels and aqua shoes, only then to find out Jerry has loads of these things on board that you can borrow.

Have a great day out!

Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Thanks, that info will save me taking loads of bags!

cheshire
Level Contributor
766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

We paid for a taxi from blue star. 45 lira, bit too early for us to be waiting for dolmuses. Jerrys is behind the post office, big blue building. The drinks n stuff aboard are not expensive.. Jerrys wife makes a great buffet to go with jerrys barbecue. You will have a great day i,m sure.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 19:24
Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Thanks for that. I will try Blue Star, as with you it is a bit early to catch the bus.

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

Ask your hotel to book you a cab from there, just make sure you get a price first- usually the hoteliers have certain contacts

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I get to Jerry's boat from Oludeniz?

What's Jerrys boat?

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz