We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Confusion

staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Confusion

Hi all,

I am coming to Olu Deniz in a few weeks time and been ready all the reviews on the forum.

However I am getting confused about the beaches and all the names for them.

I am staying at the Karbel Sun and I know the shingle beach is close to the hotel.

Can you please help me to let me know the best beaches to go, where they are in comparison to the hotel ... and best prices for sun loungers etc.

Thanks

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,630 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Confusion

Hi Emma, most of theinfo you require should be in the top questions top right of the forum, here's one to start you off re beaches.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k346…

Mansfield
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Confusion

Basically there are 2 beaches (3 if you want to be overly precise as I see it)

There is the main public beach which runs from the left hand side all the way to and just past where you pick the boat trips up from. This beach is pebble and coarse sand, sun beds cost about 9TL for the day or you can just take your towel and throw it on the beach.

Past that is the start of the national park (it’s the spit area you see on the photos) that cost’s 4TL to enter as its part of the national park and ½ of that area is on the seaward side the other on the lagoon side (I don’t know the cost of the sun beds on that area) Seaward side is coarse sand and pebbles, lagoon side is sandy.

Then that last area is the part of the lagoon on the land side where all the other (beaches) are, although its 1 beach but run by various companies like Seahorse etc, these have free sun beds as long as you buy your food and drink from them. Most hotels are affiliated with these and you can get free transfers from your hotel to the beach “they” use.

Hope this is of some help and makes sense :)

Edited: 25 May 2010, 21:44
North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,630 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Confusion

A sunbed alone should cost no more than 6 lira on the main beach, a parasol again 6 lira, so in effect it looks like 9 lira if x 2 persons- but consider you don't have to have the parasol, and around the same applies on the smaller lagoon beaches.

The sunbeds alone were 5 lira in early May this year but tend to move up to 6 lira in peak weeks (at least that was the case 2009) if anybody asks you for more than that -as already mentioned obove- throw the towel in!

Edited: 26 May 2010, 00:00
4. Re: Beach Confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 12:58
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations