We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Town

Dublin
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Town

Hi All,

We want to visit Ghost Town but the only tour is the Market and Ghost Town which we don't want to do.

Our travel rep told us that you can get two dolmens to it, anyone know where we need to swap dolmen to get there? By the looks of Google maps Hisaronu makes sense, but I thought he said Fethiye. Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Town

You get the bus direct from hisaronu to kayakoy and it will say kayakoy on it. We did it and was easy. You just get off when you enter the village , and its fairly obvious, if not you can ask the driver to give you a shout. I think it was only about 15 mins on the bus.

Dublin
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Town

We're in Oludeinz so we obviously change in Hisaronu then. Where abouts is the bus stop? Thanks

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Town

Yes, you really do not need to book an organised tour to visit Kayaköy. It is an open air museum. You take the bus to Fethiye but you change bus in Hisarönü, anywhere actually. But you can stop at Abahkebabrah at the beginning. If you have time you can walk to the other end (and watch the shops). There are 2 buses per hour to Kayaköy., I think there are even 3 buses. But 2 buses leave on the hour from Fethiye and 1 leaves on the half hour in Fethiye, so you never need to wait long.

In Kayaköy the bus will stop next to the ruins if you ask the driver Kayaköy. The first bus from Fethiye leaves 07:00 and I would advise to go early while it is still relatively cool. You could enjoy a village breakfast in one of the restaurants like Antik which is just next to the lower church. It is a bit too hot now otherwise I would advise the hike from Kayaköy to Ölüdeniz.

Enjoy!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Town

The bus will go through Hisaronu and turn around at the roundabout at the bottom. Get off as it turns round and go and stand outside Harry's bar. The Kayakoy bus stops there and Sue in Harrys will tell you what time it comes along. Less than 10 minutes to Kaya.

John

Dublin
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost Town

Thanks all. Going in the morning, camera is packed and ready to go.

Reply to: Ghost Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted