We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun beds on the beach

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sun beds on the beach

Watching webcams and seeing sun beds being removed and loaded on to trucks. Does anyone know why? And the tiki bar is also gone?

14 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Apparently the Government has taken over the beach. Don't know what that means though.

London
Level Contributor
128 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Hi Palefacedandangry

There's a post on this about 4/5 posts down. Also a lot on forums on social media sites (FB) if you have it.

It come downs to the stretch of beach being government owned apparently... Best not to speculate to much on it - I am sure within weeks there will be something new there and if that's the case hopefully a majority of who lost their jobs will get a chance of another position there.

The rest of Lagoon etc remains fine as this is privately owned.

Cheers

Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun beds on the beach

I feel sorry for the folks who are arriving at the beach today and there are no loungers!

I hope they get it sorted ASAP as this is a very busy time for the area, they don’t need another reason for people not to travel to the beach.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Can any one see if the sun beds are still at Belckiz beach hotel,we are going there soon, they say that part ot the beach is private, thanks.

Level Contributor
355 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Not today. My friends there and says there is a sign up saying no free sunbeds on beach today

Dublin
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Are the private beaches busier because of this? We were planning a beach day today!!

Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun beds on the beach

On the beach web cam, looks like the loungers are back on the main beach 🏖

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Just looked at couple of web-cams this morning, sunbeds are back on the main beach.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun beds on the beach

Just looked at couple of web-cams this morning, sunbeds are back on the main beach.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun beds on the beach

They seem to be putting the sun beds out really fast this morning . what was the point.

Reply to: Sun beds on the beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted