We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terror attacks

Shadwell, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Terror attacks

Does anyone know what is happening with recent warnings about travelling to Turkey please.

We are due to fly on 27th June and my wife is worrying a little.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
628 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Terror attacks

I think it is more to do with the elections, held a few days before you go. Others know way more than I do but what I can say we have always felt comfortable when we have been. (twice so far this year) We are probably on a higher alert in this country if that helps your wife.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,713 posts
125 reviews
2. Re: Terror attacks

I assume your wife has been reading the tabloids!

The gov.uk added a couple of days ago that the date of the election is on 24th June and for people to avoid any political demos. The sort of advice they would give at election time anywhere in the world. There was no mention of terror warnings or any threat but it has been sensationalised in the papers by useless journalists looking for a story.

Look st the gov.uk travel advice and you can read for yourself.

Also there are threads all over the Turkish forums that will reassure as well.

Turkey is a lovely country and in my experience always feels safer than here in the UK!

w.mids
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Terror attacks

To ask for information is sensible, and Pandy is correct about it just being political rallies etc for the elections.

To start a topic entitled Terror Attacks is misguided and misleading, and you should remove it.

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
959 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Terror attacks

The subject line is just as sensationalist as the tabloids with their fake news.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Terror attacks

Belek, the epicentre of terror attacks in Turkey? ROFLMAO.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
6. Re: Terror attacks

Lol subject line is a bit heavy..

Get answers to your questions about Belek
Recent Conversations