We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook luggage again

leigh
Level Contributor
317 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook luggage again

Thomas cook states 15kg but on the beach booking details state 20kg.will on the beach have got it wrong?

8 replies to this topic
Herefordshire...
Level Contributor
284 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook luggage again

It's changed now, be best go for 15kg, the airlines are offering more on the trip back because of the new restrictions on electronics so you get more back to the uk. Be warned, when flying home get to the gate an hour before boarding, not take off.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook luggage again

Have you got your eticket yet ? That must tell you the right luggage allowance.

jbi
Preston
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook luggage again

On the beach package a flight with hotel. If you pre book luggage on a flight only you get 20kg. Dont get caught out with hand luggage they only allow 6kg and they were being struct and Manchester yesterday.

leigh
Level Contributor
317 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook luggage again

Jbi.so you are saying it will be 15kg

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook luggage again

I think what jbi means is that on the beach would have just got your flight through thomas cook and therefore selecting luggage through thomas cook is 20kg.

The hotel you are staying at would probably be a seperate arrangement. Although you have got it through a package with in the beach it is not a thomascook package and therefore you have20kg of luggage.

leigh
Level Contributor
317 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook luggage again

Oh right thanks for that.noa I get it.ive emailed onthe beach for confirmation as I dont want a hefty charge just in case

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook luggage again

Hi Leighleyther

Often when you don't have an actual package holiday with say TC or Thomson you have the option to add hold luggage. I was doing an easyjet holiday costing last week and it was £80 to add 2x20 kilo.

What does your ticket or confirmation say ?

Is it a TC flight as you could view your flight on line and that will say what is included. I was pricing a holiday with a company I have not used before and they build a holiday and it was a TC flight and he said you can always add extras like reserved seats etc yourself.

I would ring if your concerned as it would cost a fortune if you have to pay at the Airport.

Enjoy your holiday !

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook luggage again

Like explained above I think toady and jbi are right

Like if you use sunshine when choosing your flights first if pick a Thomas cook flight sunshine have already added the luggage to the price of the flight and it's 20k

All a bit confusing really from TC because they sell luggage packages at 20k with flight only. offer hotel and flight packages with 15k luggage or signature hotels with 20k luggage

Edited: 22 May 2017, 12:26
Reply to: thomas cook luggage again
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belek
Recent Conversations