We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

I am planning a trip to your beautiful country during one of those months. I could do the trip some other time if I have to but I need your advise about rain and cloudy days (cooler weather does not bother me).

Should I leave my trip for some other time of the year? Please advise, I want to have the best possibility of having good weather and see your spectacular city with sunny days.

I went to Iceland this year and it was great, but the weather was miserable which is normal for that country, so I had no choice of picking a better time to go.

Thanks for your help.

8 replies to this topic
Namibia
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

It all depends where you are travelling to? Cape Town has rain during June - August. I would recommend visiting either April / May or September / October.

If you travel more north of the country, expect the dry season. Rain fall is then from December - February.

BUT my honest opinion, I think May is a beautiful month to visit RSA.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
918 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

Cape Town in August is the start of the flowers .. so its the best time to visit Everything is green at the moment and they say the flowers are going to be good . and the West Coast national Park is a place to visit Just an hour up the coast . In August and July the Postberg section is open and its a sight to see . Fields of flowers of many colours plus views of the ocean and plenty of birds and other plains game

Today The sun is shining , no wind slight early morning nip in the air . and rain well we are in a time of drought so we are below our average for the year I will pop into the Park next week . the temps seldom go below 10C here .

Edited: 03 August 2018, 13:13
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
64 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

Looking forward to visiting in just a few more days...and hoping it does not rain as I am looking forward to some hiking!

https://davidcrosstravels.com/

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
5,129 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

I have visited Cape Town every month of the year apart from October and my favourite months are November and April.

Generally sunny warm weather, blue skies. Occasionally or this year hopefully some rain, longish days.

November is probably my absolute favourite. Everything is green and the pin cushions and proteas are still flowering.

I do like CPT in the winter and in Aug, the flowers do start on the West Coast, but overall for me it’s not the prettiest time of year. It also took me 3 visits to see the flowers as it was either dull or raining! I also prefer the longer days too

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

Currently, Cape Town is experiencing very poor rainfall. You might be lucky and get none OR, the opposite might occur and you get lots of it. No matter, just enjoy your trip

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

Thank you everyone for your quick replies. I do appreciate it.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
47 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

July & August are the coldest & wettest (usually) months of the year in Cape Town. However Cape Town is always beautiful. The whales come to our shores in August/September. The flowers start to bloom now and it is spectacular! Nothing beats a walk on Sea Point promenade to see the waves come over onto the walkways. Sunsets are always magical. Basically there is never a bad time to visit the Mother City ;-)

Edited: 07 August 2018, 00:03
Piacenza
Level Contributor
566 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.

Hi we will be in CT on 24 and looking the weather forecast I see it will be a sunny day. Do you think that visiting postberg section is a good idea ? I saw recent pictures showing flowers. As we will arrive by plane we would go directly from Airport. Thank you !

Reply to: Rain in Cape Town during June to August.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted