We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethopian Airlines

Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Ethopian Airlines

Has anyone flown with Ethopian Airlines from the UK to Cape Town? What is the Business Class like?

4 replies to this topic
Cork Ireland
Level Contributor
236 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ethopian Airlines

Am assured by my travel consultant Business Class is really good. She travelled on it last year. We're booked for Oct flying from Dublin to Johannesburg and returning 4 weeks later Capetown to Dublin... very excited - first trip to SA!

Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ethopian Airlines

Thank you that puts my mind at rest. Always ready to give different airlines a go!

Hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds amazing.

UAE
Level Contributor
381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ethopian Airlines

I flew business class Cape Town to Dubai about 18 months ago, and never again! It was a journey of two halves. From Cape Town to Addis Ababa the plane was old, no lie flat seats, no individual TV screens, awful food. Chaotic transfer at Addis Ababa. Emirates economy is far better.

From Addis Ababa to Dubai it was a Dreamliner and excellent in all ways. So, if it was a Dreamliner on both legs and much cheaper than Emirates or Qatar, then I would consider it. Otherwise I would choose Emirates.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ethopian Airlines

I do not know if Kenya Airways fly to UK or not, but it is just a little more expensive than Ethiopian Air, but provide flat bed and the food are more eatable.

Or if you could afford the gulf airline i.e. Etihad, Emirates or Qatar then these are much better off in literally everything.

Reply to: Ethopian Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted