We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February 2017.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
February 2017.

Hi All

We get married in Franschoek in early March 2017 and prior to the wedding we have a six night stay in Cape Town.

We think that this time we would like to stay in Camps Bay although we are on a limited budget. Altogether there will be around 15 family and friends staying in Cape Town at the same time.

We have started looking at accommodation and are really struggling so I thought I would put a post on to see if anyone could point me in the right direction. Our requirements are as follows:-

We have two young children (4 and 8 when we travel) so a two bedroomed apartment type of property would suit us. There is only other family of four within our group.

We would like all our party to be within the same proximity as us, but not necessarily in the same accommodation if this is not possible.

We would like accommodation quite central to Camps Bay.

We would like nice accommodation (any type considered).

I have looked on trip adviser and some of the private rental sites (capestay,safari now and air bnb) and there are just so many properties.

Is anyone able to suggest maybe a couple of budget options and some mid-range possibilities?

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February 2017.

I think your options are better with Airbnb for your budget. We are currently staying in Camps Bay in a one bed Airbnb and it is fine.

We are looking at other Airbnb properties while we are here to book for next winter.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February 2017.

Susan T - Is it still very windy in Camps Bay?

We were in Camps Bay last week - came home Thursday Morning and the wind was worse than ever before!

Table Mountain was closed for the full 5 days we were in Camps Bay!

Which Airbnb are you in?

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Table Mountain
Table Mountain
17,100 Reviews
Table Mountain National Park, South Africa
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February 2017.

You can also have a look at Village and Life, they have a range of self catering apartments in Camps Bay and you can also arrange for the rest of the family to get apartments close by as well, within the same block. Have a look at: www.villageandlife.co.za for more info.

All the best!

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours & Safari's

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
4. Re: February 2017.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2017, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay