We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What activities do I need to book now.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
697 posts
108 reviews
What activities do I need to book now.

We will be arriving in Capetown for 5 nights at the end of February. We do a lot of travel and sometimes I don't have the time to nut out the details of the itinerary until a couple of weeks before the trip and then find out I should have booked tickets to this or that. Is there anything that I should look into booking now?

We will be heading to Stellenbosch and then the Garden Route after Capetown.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

It depends on what you want to do. The following things are imperative to book as early as possible:

Accommodation

Robben Island

Kirstenbosch summer concert

Table Mountain - no need to book now, but best to book online closer to the time, to avoid 2 queues.

Car hire - some periods in Feb are very busy with conferences and all vehicles are taken up.

Francoise Armour, Tours du Cap

Edited: 04 December 2015, 13:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
1 review
2. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

Save on booking table mountain and walk up instead :)

I would also add if you want to go to some of the restuarants like La Colombe, Test Kitchen, Catharinas etc you may want to book them now.

Edited: 04 December 2015, 17:55
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

Forget the Test Kitchen ... it's booked up until much later next year. :-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
1 review
4. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

Haha yes I thought this may be the case :(

Strand
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

I am a resident tour guide in a hotel and I may advise that the only things that you may have to book in advance are:

Shark Cage Diving

Certain top Restaurants

Dont worry about the rest.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

I beg to differ. You HAVE to book Robben Island and Kirstenbosch concerts, and car hire is always better booked in advance because it is cheaper and sometimes there are no cars available at the last minute. Table Mountain advance bookings mean you don't stand in 2 long eueues, your ticket allows you to bypass the ticket queue which can sometimes be very long.

Francoise Armour, Tours du Cap

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

Shark cage diving? Wouldn't have thought there would be much demand for that :>)

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
76 reviews
8. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

It's very popular!

9. Re: What activities do I need to book now.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay