We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks :-)

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks :-)

Coming to Camps Bay next March just wondering do the bars do Bacardi or is it a local rum.Its all my husband drinks.Thanks for any information.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks :-)

Most decent bars have Bicardi white rum. The rougher ones, which I doubt you will go to, won't have any white rum and will just have cheap vodka.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 20:49
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks :-)

Bacardi is freely available in South Africa.

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks :-)

Thanks Gavin X that makes my hubby a happy man :-) xxxx

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,860 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks :-)

When I asked for Bacardi at our hotel, they said they didn't have it but they did have white rum?!

Edited: 29 July 2013, 04:39
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks :-)

There is also a range of alco pops called Bicardi Breezers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacardi_Breezer which can cause confusion.

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks :-)

Hi

We got back from Camps Bay on Sunday, my wife drinks Bacardi and Coke and is very particular

that it is Bacardi (when we go on all inclusive holidays we have to take our own bottle as she will not

drink the cheaper version!)

We had no issue getting bacardi, it is freely available!

Kind regards

RH

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks :-)

PS

Having just got back 3 days ago if you do have any questions by all means just ask!!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks :-)

@Traveller - There are lots of other white rums than Bacardi. The best is Havana Club Anejo Blanco the foundation of the classic Cuban Mojito Available in lots of Cape Town bars.

In most decentt bars and restaurant bars around Cape Town you will get a much wider range of spirits than most UK bars and pubs. From all over the world and MUCH cheaper than the UK. Single standard spirits are between R8 and R18 for a single - 45p to £1. For example my local cocktail bar in Hout Bay has Johnnie Walker Whisky - Red Label, Black Label, Blue Label, Green Label, Gold Label (and Gold Reserve), Platinum Label and even King George V Blue - although that is R520 - £28 a single! And lots of quite unusual Single Malts.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 13:19
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks :-)

Cocktail bar in Hout Bay? Where & what is the name pse?

man of kent
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks :-)

Hi Guys I was just thinking that