We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

I am looking to stay at The Whale Cottage in Camps Bay for 13 days. Does anyone have any reviews about the place? I have seen several bad reviews here on Tripadvisor. If someone from Cape Town who seen the place or been there can fill me in I would appreciate it.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

I haven't stayed there because it's a managed B&B & I both prefer & always stay at owner run B&Bs because of the more personal service & interaction with the owners.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

There are many reviews on all 3 (former 4) whale cottages which you can look at and build your opinion.

In general, contrary to an article of the owner about reliability of TA reviews, I believe that especially on smaller establishments TA shows a fairly true reflection.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

Why would you want to stay at a place which has such bad reviews?

I've just read the reviews and they are some of the worst I've ever read. One thing I also look for in reviews is elements of consistency. These are consistent in their entirety - consistently poor.

I also found the following:

hellopeter.com/whale-cottage/compliments-and…

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

You're correct Klaus, the FORMIDABLE owner of Whale Cottages has a total hatred for all things associated with TA. We discussed this over a coffee in Camps Bay last March!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

The whale cottage owners at least are ethical.

the bayatlantic has a manager who has conned the tutu foundation and international artists aka dr lesly zabo.see noseweek the biscuit king .

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

http://www.whalecottage.com/blog/ . I know the owner fairly well and I think the stories have become a little distorted over time. Look at the twitter account and you will see many good reviews.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

I dont know anything about The Whale Cottage in Camps Bay but as Sands says why on earth would you want to stay at a place that has SO MANY bad reviews. When you look at Reviews on Trip Advisor there are always 1 r 2 bad ones amongst good ones but hardly any good ones amongst bad ones tells me "dont go there"

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

Must have the highest number of 'terrible' reviews I've ever seen. Incredible attitude of owner. Avoid.

9. Re: Whale Cottage in Camps Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2015, 10:45