We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on travelling alone to Camps Bay

Greenock, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on travelling alone to Camps Bay

I am travelling to Cape Town for 2 weeks commencing 11th -26th January '13. I shall be staying at the Crystal Apartments.

I am travelling alone, however, I have family in Gordons Bay, Kraaifontein and the Cape Farms. I will visit family and I have planned trips Cage Diving, Wineyards, Paarl, Boulders etc but would just like some advice on the best things to do as a lone traveller on the free nights that i will have.

I'm a 6ft fit 45 year old male and usually walk everywhere.

I see here that everyone is saying that after 10pm everyone gets taxis etc after 10pm back (up the hill) so will i be safe or is it just that the posts were from unfit people lol

I have stayed in Kraaifontein previously and Durban for over a year and always been safe.

Just some advice on nice places to go, eat out and whether taxis will be required etc?

Thanks, I look forward to hints and tips...I can't wait to visit

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on travelling alone to Camps Bay

Hi,

I wouldn't be overly concerned about walking at night. I think like anywhere you have to keep you wits about you, but I regularly walk around Camps Bay at night.

That said the Crystal Apartments are relatively high up the hill, and it'll probably take you 25 minutes to walk up from the beach front.

There are loads of good restaurants and activities in Cape Town, so I suggest browsing the forums, or getting a bit more specific in terms of what kind of thing you are looking for. That said, I always recommend going up the mountain at least once (Lions Head or Table Mountain, hike or cable car), a trip to the winelands and a trip down to Cape Point if time allows.

Enjoy your holiday!

Richard Marshall

Nox Rentals

Luxury Camps Bay Vacation Rentals

2. Re: Advice on travelling alone to Camps Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 15:45
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay