We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need URGENT help about location...

Turkey
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
I need URGENT help about location...

I will be in CT at the end of July with a group of 10 people: 6 my students - girls between 13-15 years old and 4 female teachers.

We are planning to stay in Camps Bay because there are so many wonderful villas with stunning views at affordable prices.

Our concern is about safety and coming back home after dinner from Waterfront or city center. I read that if the place is close to the center of Camps Bay, it is ok. But I am not sure which part of Camps Bay is that lively part, especially in winter time.

The rentals I found is grouping in 3 different areas:

1. In Glen Beach and beginning of Strathmore road

2. Near Camps Bay Resort

3. Bantry Bay - that I liked most but I read here in forums that staying in Camps Bay is better... Is it safer?

I will also put below the map links of the places I found, so if any area expert can find time to check it and tell me which one has a better location in terms of safety (I mean being comfortable while coming back home in the evenings etc.), being in easy reach, transportation etc...

By this time, the ones of you who doesn't have time, even an idea about the 3 general location I wrote above would be very helpful...

Here are the links:

1. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/…

2. I like this the most, as it has also the view of the city with its lights, not only the open ocean as it is in villas in Camps Bay, and it is closer to the city. But in some forums, it is written that staying in Camps Bay is better because Camps Bay is more lively and Bantry Bay is more isolated. Is it true? Which one is safer and easier to reach from Waterfront etc? anneporter.co.za/mapping1/…

3. This one also is in a close location to the above one: anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (45451)

4. Similar place: anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4769)

5. This one is just on the beach. Does it mean it is closer to the Camps Bay center with restaurants, cafes, shops etc?

www.kiaora.co.za/images/KiaOra_streetmap.jpg

6. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4865)

7. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4612)

8. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (5423)

9. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (5597)

10. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4737)

THANK YOUUUUU....

Zeynep

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
cape town
Level Contributor
260 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need URGENT help about location...

Kia Ora is a nice house and the location is good

Camps Bay, Fresnaye, Bantry Bay are all very safe areas

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Tennessee
Level Contributor
15,312 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need URGENT help about location...

Just a comment in regards to your point #2

Bantry bay is closer to the Waterfront, but not by that much so as to matter. I think the preference for Camps Bay would have nothing to do with safety, but environment. Bantry Bay has no beach, rather a rocky shoreline directly below the sea-facing properties. Dramatic if you like to watch the surf crashing on the rocks (I do), but with teens you'll probably prefer the beach at Camps Bay. It is directly opposite the Promenade area which has several shops and eateries. Bantry Bay's streets stack up steeply on the slopes of Lions Head.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Lion's Head
Lion's Head
3,614 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need URGENT help about location...

Shala Gashle in Camps Bay can offer accommodation that is safe / secure and well located. I would highly recommend this property

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
4. Re: I need URGENT help about location...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 14:48
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay