I will be in CT at the end of July with a group of 10 people: 6 my students - girls between 13-15 years old and 4 female teachers.
We are planning to stay in Camps Bay because there are so many wonderful villas with stunning views at affordable prices.
Our concern is about safety and coming back home after dinner from Waterfront or city center. I read that if the place is close to the center of Camps Bay, it is ok. But I am not sure which part of Camps Bay is that lively part, especially in winter time.
The rentals I found is grouping in 3 different areas:
1. In Glen Beach and beginning of Strathmore road
2. Near Camps Bay Resort
3. Bantry Bay - that I liked most but I read here in forums that staying in Camps Bay is better... Is it safer?
I will also put below the map links of the places I found, so if any area expert can find time to check it and tell me which one has a better location in terms of safety (I mean being comfortable while coming back home in the evenings etc.), being in easy reach, transportation etc...
By this time, the ones of you who doesn't have time, even an idea about the 3 general location I wrote above would be very helpful...
Here are the links:
2. I like this the most, as it has also the view of the city with its lights, not only the open ocean as it is in villas in Camps Bay, and it is closer to the city. But in some forums, it is written that staying in Camps Bay is better because Camps Bay is more lively and Bantry Bay is more isolated. Is it true? Which one is safer and easier to reach from Waterfront etc? anneporter.co.za/mapping1/…
3. This one also is in a close location to the above one: anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (45451)
4. Similar place: anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4769)
5. This one is just on the beach. Does it mean it is closer to the Camps Bay center with restaurants, cafes, shops etc?
6. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4865)
7. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4612)
8. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (5423)
9. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (5597)
10. anneporter.co.za/mapping1/… (4737)