We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

We are traveling with family to Cape Town and would like to stay in Camps Bay. Does anyone know of a good vacation rental that would be ideal with a small toddler? Our party would be 5 adults and a little one. We are happy to walk around 15 min to the beach and places to eat, but do not want to drive(although we will probably have a car to do daytrips). It would be nice to have a pool, however, with a toddler i would be much more relaxed if it was not actually in our outdoor living area, but perhaps a seperate area in the complex. I wonder if there is even a place that has a private pool with a gate around it or something. Air conditioning in the bedrooms is a must as well. We would be most comfortable with a budget of 500 or 600 dollar per night, however i am not sure how realistic this will be in Camps Bay! Thank-you for your advise!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

if you are not concerned with luxury but a good clean comfortable place with 2 pools then the Camps Bay Resort is worth looking at.

It is very close to all of the restaurants and the beach, 2 minute walk.

By booking directly with them you can chose a specific apartment(s).

Daily maid service, full kitchen, some with washing machines/dryers.

Some have aircon but not all.

Helpful reception, pools are not gated but then not all apartments have direct access to the pool anyway, actually only the some of the beach studios have direct access to the pools. There is a 2 bed apartment with a private pool too.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

Hi,

The Bloomberg in Camps Bay has self-catering units which are really nice.

Take a look at www.bloombergaccommodation.co.za. Price depends on season.

Sedgemoor Views can also be recommended.

Nox Rentals (www.noxrentals.co.za) also has self-catering units in Camps Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

Hi Zoom_the_world,

Nice to see so many Canadians coming to Cape Town, there is currently a great synergy between Cape Town & Vancouver is seems, and I personally am often back and forth between the two.

I can recommend Villa Yukka, which is within your budget (depending on when you plan to travel) and has most of which you are looking for.

Camps Bay resort & The Bloomberg are both nice, however the units tend to be smaller than you might require.

James

www.cometocapetown.com

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

Thank-you for your help:-)

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

Hi there

I have to agree with alibableeds, Camps Bay Resort will be your best choice. They have this new accommodation type that you can just book a room with a bed and selling it for a very cheap price. You can find them on: www.villageandlife.com or you can email the info desk at: res9@vlife.com and get more info. You can do B&B or just plain self catering.

Regards

Hank - Ulungele Tours and Safari's

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
6. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with a 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 04:46
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay