We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?????

Belfast
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?????

My partner and I will be finishing our holiday in South Africa with a few nights in Cape Town and would like to stay in the Camps Bay Area. Can anyone recommend accommodation? Hoping to stay somewhere reasonable with good access to the area. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Full-Day Cape Point & Cape Peninsula...
195 Reviews
from US$ 60.40*
1- or 2-day Cape Town Hop-on Hop-off...
241 Reviews
from US$ 15.30*
Free Cancellation
Cape Peninsula: Day Tour from Cape...
from US$ 244.60*
Free Cancellation
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?????

Hi,

It's a pretty broad question. There are plenty of super guesthouses and apartments in Camps Bay. Tripadvisor has a good selection.

Will you be renting a car? If not I suggest that you select something that is within walking distance of the beach and restaurants.

If you would like to be more specific regarding the time of year and budget I can provide a better recommendation.

All the best.

Richard Marshall

Nox Rentals

Luxury Camps Bay Vacation Rentals

http://www.noxrentals.co.za

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?????

Hi,

If you would like self-catering accommodation, can recommend The Bloomberg in Camps Bay. The apartments are spacious, close to the beach (no uphill climbing) and numbers 8 and 9 have lovely views. See www.bloombergaccommodation.co.za and click on The Bloomberg. Some excellent winter specials.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?????

Can also recommend Nox Rentals (www.noxrentals.co.za).

Belfast
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?????

Richard, we will be arriving on the 24th November and our stay will be for 2 nights. We will have a car but as it is the end of our holiday we do not want to be doing a lot of driving!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?????

Try posting this question on the "Cape Town Forum". I think there have been a lot of suggestions there where to stay in Camps Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?????

Hi,

Or if you go to Camps Bay Bed and Breakfasts/Inns (TA Search Column) you can get a run down of accommodation in the area, previous reviews, popularity index, prices etc. There is a separate listing for hotels and vacation rentals.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
7. Re: Where to stay?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay