We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay Atlantic Guest House

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Bay Atlantic Guest House

Hi - I'm thinking about booking at the above B & B. However, I can only find one review anywhere for it. Does anyone have any knowledge??

Appreciated. Thanks

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,354 posts
1. Re: Bay Atlantic Guest House

I know the Bay Atlantic well. Run by another Bernie!

Friends of ours from the UK have stayed there for nearly every year for the past 5 or 6 years.

Very friendly and just a short walk down to the Sea Front - important in Camps Bay where many places are a steep half hour walk away from the beach.

Selwyn Davidowitz...
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Bay Atlantic Guest House

Bernie10

I have had quite a number of visitors who have over the years travelled with me stay at the Bay Atlantic and have in the process got to know the establishment very well.

What is probably the most important asset that the guesthouse has is its wonderful view of the whole of the Camps Bay beach area. Furthermore in the summer it is wonderful to simply sit at the guesthouse pool which overlooks this great view.

The guesthouse is in an excellent position on a hill overlooking Camps Bay. One is within walking distance of the Camps Bay restaurant area as well as the Camps Bay beach however you have to bear in mind that the return journey to the venue is up a reasonably steep hill. For one to experience Cape Town from the guesthouse transport will be needed.

The rates at the Bay Atlantic are very fair and reasonable considering its location. The rooms are not that spacious but they certainly are adequate. The staff are super friendly, very helpful and knowledgeable about Cape Town. If Bernie is in the mood he might invite you to one of his barbecues that he regularly has for those staying at the guesthouse however beware because this could result in a wonderful late night. (-:)

The guesthouse has its own little parking area however there is always ample off street parking near the establishment.

Would I recommend the guesthouse as a place to stay? Most definitely!!

Hope that you have a wonderful stay in Camps Bay as well as Cape Town and South Africa.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Very proudly part of the wonderful rainbow nation of South Africa

3. Re: Bay Atlantic Guest House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay