We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Hi All

Can you please help me with a big decision for New Years Eve! we are getting married in Camps Bay on New Years Eve. There will be just be 4 of us all in our 30's. We what to go some where after the ceremony that will have good food and have a buzz around as its New Years Eve. We have never been to Camps Bay so please tell me you recommendations.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
161 reviews
1. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Frankly the only place in Camps Bay for realy good food is The Roundhouse, but very expensive and perhaps not quite the vibe you might be looking looking for??

Personally I would not choose Blues, and Paranga is style over substance and also very expensive. There is also The Grand, Kove and Bungalow. I don't know Azure.

Diva is the expert on Camps Bay eateries and as she looks younger than me might be better at recommending somewhere suitable for a post wedding venue.

Whereever you choose you need to book up early as NYeve will be hectic!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Hi,

In my experience Blues has been unreliable for the past few years. Azure is at the 12 Apostles Hotel and far out of the buzz (in a beautiful but isolated position about 4km from anywhere else). I agree with Macsym; you would probably be best served by Kove, Bunglalow or The Grand.

They are all on the strip, and you will have a good buzz going on.

One of my favourite Camps Bay restaurants is Codfather, but that is slightly set back from the strip, and may have slightly less buzz than you are looking for. Amazing seafood though, and you can easily go to Baraza, Caprice or Karma after dinner for some festivities...

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Thanks guys, Very confussed as was told Blues was the place! Kove looks realy nice, Which one of the places would have a good view over Camps Bay and would they all have music on the night? I know Blues has music on the night but it seems to be gone down hill alot for what Im hearing!

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Cant find a web site for Bungalow ?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Hi,

Bungalow website is http://www.thebungalow.co.za/ but no info there. It is owned by the same guys as The Kove and Paranga (and Pepenero in Mouille Point).

Take a look at it here - http://www.capetownmagazine.com/articles/Wine-a-Dine~c4/The-Bungalow-Restaurant-in-Camps-Bay~1318.

Should be a decent vibe there, but contact them for specifics like entertainment etc.

Cheers

Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Hi, do you need reservations at the restaurants in Camps Bay (Bungalow, Cove, etc)? We'll be there at the end of November.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

It is worth making reservations a couple days in advance for the more popular of Cape Town's restaurants during the summer. I would recommend booking.

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Hi Traveltilly,and every one else.

Thank you so much, I ended up booking Paranga for our wedding night on New Years Eve, I cancelled Blues after reading all the post, What do you think of Paranga? I just dont want to get it wrong on this special night, Any other night I wouldn't mind so much. We fly in from Ireland two days before our wedding, So we wouldn't have much time to cheek these places out.

Thanks again guys.

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

Hi

I forgot to say we are going to Azure in the 12 Apostles Hotel for Champagne and photos after the cermony, then back in to Camps bay for 20.30 pm for dinner.

10. Re: Azure Restaurant, Blues or Paranga in Camps Bay for New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay