We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fullham Lodge or 51 on Camps Bay

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fullham Lodge or 51 on Camps Bay

My friend and I will be in Cape Town for 6 nights in October. We are looking for opinions/feedback on the Fullham Lodge in Camps Bay vs 51 on Camps Bay. Even though we are interested in Fullham Lodge, we are concerned about it because outside of trip advisor no one has heard of it - ie travel agents and folks in Cape Town.

thanks

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fullham Lodge or 51 on Camps Bay

I live in Cape Town and am involved in tourism, specifically in Camps Bay. I know both of these guesthouses, and both are great. You won't go wrong either way.

Often travel agents don't work with smaller guesthouses, as the owners are able to fill the limited number of rooms they have through direct channels, so that isn't unusual at all.

Enjoy your time in Cape Town!

Richard Marshall

Owner - Nox Rentals

Luxury Apartments and Villas in Cape Town

abu dhabi
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fullham Lodge or 51 on Camps Bay

Hi there

Both are equally popular guest houses. 51 On Camps Bay Guest House is within walking distance to the beach, and one can stay there rather comfortably for a few days without having a car, whereas Fullham Lodge is not as close, however Fullham Lodge borders onto the nature reserve. No need to have concerns about a guest house that isn't listed on Trip Advisor. They are both 4 star graded properties.

Good luck with your decision I am sure whichever one you go for you will be equally happy.

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fullham Lodge or 51 on Camps Bay

Thanks you very much for the input. After reading other discussions, we have made a change and decided to go with Atlantic View in Camps Bay. Your input was very helpful though.

4. Re: Fullham Lodge or 51 on Camps Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:49